»𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 5«

“Even if I want I can't cut you off from my life.”

●○●

"Fawad, meet him. My cousin and best friend, Imraan."

'She has a cousin?!'
Fawad thought while shaking Imraan's hand.

"Nice to meet you."

"Likewise. My apologies for not coming sooner. I was out of the country because of some work so I couldn't meet you soon."
Imraan apologized to Fawad.

"It's ok. No need to apologize. I'm glad that you came here."
Fawad said politely.

Imraan nodded before looking at Azeen who was grinning looking at him with teary eyes.

Looking away, he asked Fawad,
"If you don't mind then can I talk to Azeen for a few minutes? Alone?"

Fawad confusedly looked at Imraan wondering why he was asking his (Fawad's) permission but nevertheless nodded.
"Sure. Take your time."

"Come with me."
Gesturing Imraan to follow her, Azeen went backstage whereas Fawad looked on.

"Who's he?"
Sneaking up from behind, Ayyan asked in a bass voice.

"Ya Allah!"
Fawad almost jumped in his place at Ayyan's sudden voice.

"Why do you love to sneak up on people like a ghost?"
Calming his heartbeat, Fawad asked, gritting his teeth.

Ignoring him, Ayyan repeated.
"Who's the handsome guy?"

"Azeen's cousin."

"What will they talk about so secretly?"
Narrowing his eyes at Imraan and Azeen's retreating figure, Ayyan questioned.

Fawad shrugged carelessly.

"Do you think he knows about how you and Azeen bhabi got married?"
Ayyan asked in his full detective mood.

"How am I supposed to know? Just now I discovered she has a cousin. Moreover, I don't care what they are talking about and you too stop poking your nose on others' business."
Rolling his eyes, Fawad replied.

●○●

Azeen took Imraan backstage. To the bride's touch-up room.

"I knew it. After getting my voice message you would definitely co-"
Azeen was cut off by Imraan.

"What is all this? What the hell is all this, zee? 2 weeks! I was out for only 2 weeks and here you got married to a random guy. Wow! I'm speechless."
Imraan semi yelled.
"What did you want to prove? That you have the upper hand, that you are superior than uncle, or the fact that you can tarnish uncle's years of hard-earned reputation? Huh? Tell me! What did you want to prove?!"