EPILOGUE 1

FRED'S POV

______________

The first couple of weeks right after the war, I kept my eyes on Lilith constantly.

I knew she was trying to cope with the situation as best as she could, I knew she was trying to smile and keep going with her life, but I knew her too well, even better than what she thought.

I knew my girl was constantly thinking about the ones she lost during the battle, I knew Lilith felt guilty and I knew that whenever she wasn't sleeping with me, she would have nightmares in which she repeated the moment when she killed those bastards and when she saw people dying right in front of her.

Her mind was playing against her once again, and I couldn't allow it.

The first thing I did when George told me he and Angie had finally decided to occupy the flat right above ours, was to suggest Lilith move with me here.

I might sound like a fucking cheesy bastard, but when she accepted, I thought my heart would exploit with happiness. I wanted her to be as close to me as possible, I wanted to take care of her, I wanted to protect her and hold her into my arms so no one ever again could hurt her.

She accepted, she wanted to stay close to Liv and Pauline but also give them their own space as a couple, and knowing she could be in the flat right in front of theirs, with Georgie above us and living with me, made her accept almost immediately with her gorgeous green eyes filling up with tears.

Godric's balls, I would kill for those eyes...

Living with her was the best decision I ever made. I loved waking up every morning and seeing her by my side, with those curls spread all over my pillow, those green eyes looking at me, full of love, and those lips smiling at me, making me feel full of life.

I loved being hers; being able to spend time alone, just the two of us. Eating with her, finding her in any corner of my flat doing Merlin knows what, having little details of her in every place of our home, cuddling with her after work, chatting, laughing, loving her at every possible chance I was given... It was perfect.

Fuck, I loved my life.

Lilith was, without any doubt, the love of my life. I don't know when I started loving her, I don't know when she got so rooted inside of me that I felt I couldn't breathe if she was not there with me. And I still remember what a fucking idiot I was when I tried to convince myself that I hated her.

I used to observe her, trying to know what kind of mysteries that doll face hid because I never liked secrets. Back in the day, I used to believe I wanted to know about her because I wanted to know how to attack her, now I know it was because she had completely mesmerized me.

At first, it was just pure raw physical attraction and sexual tension between the two of us. Two Beaters from opponent teams, the prankster from Gryffindor and the mysterious and mean girl from Slytherin.

"You've got to be honest, lad, Little Snape does have a good fuck. Have you seen those legs?!" people in my house used to say, trying to make me open about that rejection I had towards her.

"Imagine what she can do with that bitchy tongue of hers!"

"Nah, put her on her knees and watch all the bitchness getting out of her body," 

Nowadays those comments people made about her make me physically sick, back in the day, only made me focus my eyes on her.

I hate her. But look at those lips, how would it feel to kiss her? I fucking hate her. But look at those hypnotic eyes. I fucking hate her so bloody much. But look at her skin, how soft it seems...how badly I wanna touch her, how badly I wanna feel her.