17.

"Can we stop by the hospital for a while?"

"Why? Are you sick?," He asked as his eyes focused on the road, fingers tapping lightly the wheel and sunglasses perfectly rested on the bridge of his nose. They had just went back from the her house to fetch things because she need it which Jungkook didn't ask what is it.

"I need to see my father. You don't mind we have lunch there right? We can buy something at the cafeteria"

"Type in the location in my GPS, I'll drive us there," he said and she smiled before tapping the screen at of his car, and just when she's about to finish the suggestion came out and realise Jungkook had saved the location as 'work', meaning he worked there. He told her he resigned, so he used to work there.

"Oh? You worked there already. "

"Your father is admitted there?"

"Yup, it has been one year and a half since he's there. "

Jungkook nodded before turning to the lane toward the hospital, getting the vibe of going to work like he used to do before he was diagnosed with the disease the medical world can't cure. This time, Haewon had bought another bottle of his pills inside her bag so that she can give it to him in sort of emergency. She insisted that she want to keep it and Jungkook gave it to her after a series of pouting and pleading that he will be fine. The woman have successfully build the resistant to his charm on her, but she knew it wouldn't last long when the doe eyes and the cute pout grabbed her attention.

The man parked at the spot reserved for him, smiling at Seokjin car who is beside him meaning he is working on weekend. They walked out from the car, headed straight towards the lobby where some doctors and nurses greeted him, eyeing Haewon who was beside him. Two men who were fully in suit run towards him, panic stricken on their face as they saw their former director step in the grounds of the hospital. They bowed at them, flashing a polite smile at Haewon before looking back at Jungkook.

"I'm sorry sir, we weren't informed of your sudden visit, should I call Mr. Kim?"

"Don't. He's busy with the deal on sending volunteers to the warzone next week. I'm here to meet someone"

"Is it a VIP client sir? We can assist you there"

Jungkook looked at Haewon who was clueless, but she quite understand that the man was damned loaded rich. For them to respect Jungkook this way even though he was no longer the working here is a proof he had done a good job handling it ever since he was eighteen. Haewon could never be that strong at such age. She was still struggling with the entrance exam that time.

"What's your father name, Haewon?"

"Lee Haejin. He's at the second-"

"We'll lead the both of you Mr. Lee ward. "

That's fast.

She nodded before they were soon bought to a elevator nearby, where Haewon timidly held the hem of Jungkook thin sweater that fit nicely on his body which caught Jungkook attention. Once they were in, the pair tested their back on the wall while the two men stand straight in front of them. "Something wrong?"

"Is it always like this for you?"

"They say they treated me the same way as they treated my parents. I don't care much about it. It's not like this is some business or what. It's a hospital "

The elevator rang, meaning they reached the level Haewon father was placed and they walked out. Those who knew him bowed down , those who didn't went in awed seeing him. Haewon didn't blame them, he was indeed a scene stealer.