Grace Period

Abhi and Ramya looked at eachother, he was much surprised to hear such words from her. He knew that her dream was to marry a good looking guy, so why is she saying this?? He asked her the same.

" What are you saying?? I can't believe it, I know you were not interested in this marriage,you don't like me. Then, why this sudden change, I don't understand??" Said Abhi shocked.

Ramya was silent for a while, she broke her silence and said calmly,
" I know it's hard for you to accept or believe my words. But I was saying the truth. Right now I don't want to give up this marriage ".

Abhi was shocked once again and asked her,
" But why?? I'm not your dream man. So this would be a compromise for you "

" I know, you are not my prince charming but, I can't deny the truth that we are married. My father will be broken if he knows that we are breaking this marriage, and so will your mother" said Ramya.

Abhi felt hurt and asked her, " So, you are ready to compromise your dreams and to live with me only for our family's sake??".
She forgot to see the pain in his eyes, she was deeply thinking about their relationship.

"No... Not at all, I can compromise and marry you but, I can't compromise to live with you forever. It would destroy both our lives" said Ramya. Abhi was confused and asked her to explain clearly.

" Listen, I don't know why, but I'm not ready for the separation right now. If you asked me the reason seriously I don't know why I'm saying this?? To be frank, something in me is stopping me from taking such a big step. I feel that I need some time to get some clarity and decide my life. My marriage happened in a rush so, I don't want to repeat the same, I need time. Because, right now neither I love you nor I hate you, I'm neutral" said Ramya without a break. Abhi looked at her surprised.

" Yeah...it's true. I don't hate you as you think, earlier I was annoyed with you because I was angry with your mother and sudden marriage. But now, I don't even hold any grudge on her because, whatever she did was correct as a mother. Maybe she did wrong with me, but not with you. She too explained her situation and apologised for her deeds". Abhi looked at her unbelievably.

" So, after all this I'm not able to decide anything now. If I do something wrong all our beloved people will be hurt, I can't hurt my father or Sowmi. He trusts me and you. He believes our relationship will be fine in the future. I know for you also separation will not be easy, you will also be unable to hurt your mother or Akash Mama " said Ramya.

Abhi was quiet for a while, he couldn't understand her. Still he was confused at her words, he couldn't predict what she was thinking. And why is she doing this?

" What is your decision?? " Asked Ramya. Abhi was lost somewhere.

" Your decision will be my decision,we will wait for sometime and then decide" said Abhi. Ramya was touched by his gesture and nodded her head with a smile.

" But, we need to decide how long this time period is. Because I don't want you to get stuck with me " said Abhi.

" It seems like more than me that you are desperate to leave this marriage, is it so?? " asked Ramya suspiciously.

Abhi looked shocked and said, " Why would I do that?? When I don't have any reason to leave you, but you have. I'm just worried and feeling guilty about breaking your dreams. I know you deserve someone better" he smiled bitterly.

Ramya felt bad seeing him hurt, she didn't understand why she was in pain when she saw him hurt. She tried to change his mind.

" Ok...Then you fix the time, because you know things better than me. You are so intelligent right, you have your own business apart from family business, and you are maintaining both well, even though you know psychology, to treat my travel sickness, isn't??" said Ramya by praising him. Abhi looked surprised and smiled at her.

" Why are you praising me suddenly, do you have any plans behind this?? "Asked Abhi teasingly.

" See... If I scold you, then you will listen to me and believe my words but, when I'm praising you, won't you believe me?? You are different" said Ramya, faking her anger. Abhi smiled seeing her amused.

" Ok...ok... chill, I think we can take time till you finish your last semester. Because it will be around six months, I think this time would be enough for you to decide. So, what's your opinion??" Asked Abhi.

After a while Ramya said, " For me it's ok, I think this time would be more enough. Let's decide after six months".

Abhi was also happy about this decision and he started to drive the car towards the restaurant. Abhi called Ramya, and asked her to call Sowmya to know about their whereabouts. Ramya was thinking something seriously and she didn't hear Abhi's words.

Abhi called her name again, she didn't pay attention so he shook her shoulder and asked her,
" What are you thinking so seriously?? I was calling you few times"

After a thought, hesitatingly Ramya said,
"I want to tell you something important, this is a kind of grace period in our relationship. I can't assure anything in this period about my future decision, you shouldn't expect anything from me about... about...". Ramya got shy and looked down without completing her sentence.

She waited for his reply, but he was silently driving the car. She became nervous about that, she was unable to ask him further so, she was quiet. After a while breaking their silence Abhi said,

" Ramya....please forgive me, I'm sorry about my past behaviour, that time I didn't know that you were forced to marry me.
So, I thought you like me and by misunderstanding I moved closer with you. But now, I promise you that I'll never take advantage of you in any situation. I will be in your friend zone not as a husband. You don't get worry about that, let's be just friends"

Abhi assured to be her friend, Ramya was also relaxed after that. She extended a hand of friendship with him.

*****************************************

Abhi thanked God internally for giving him another chance. He was more than happy to spend some more time with her. He didn't expect anything from her, just happy memories he wanted to create with her to cherish later. He was ready to accept her decision, even if she refuses to live with him after six months, he will not stop her. Because for him her happiness is more than his own happiness.

On the day of their wedding he promised to keep her happy forever, now he wants to full-fill that. Even Though it is for a short span he wants to do that carefully. He didn't want to hurt her even by mistake.

But he failed to realise the reason behind his acts, will he ever understand that ??

To Be Continued...

***********************************