Chapter 26

Xander pov

I saw her waiting anxiously for my response. My opinion still mattered to her.

It was only my opinion that mattered to her.

"This is delicious."

"Thank you Xander."

With my mouth full I continued speaking. Afterall this was the best steak I had till date. And that's saying a lot because I had visited almost all the best restaurants around the world but still nothing could beat this.

Afterall it was prepared with love.

"No I mean this so delectable Sophie. This is the best steak I ever had and I mean it. You get eleven out of ten. This is just perfect."

Everything she prepared was extremely delicious. How much I missed her food. I couldn't believe that she was the same girl who once almost burned down our apartment while making tea.

And I saw her blush. And it made me wonder, did she learn to cook for me?

After we finished our dinner I stood with her as she washed the dishes and I towel dried them. It was just like the time when we lived in the appartment before I became a billionaire. That time was the best. There were small things like these which connected us. Things like these seemed trivial to me but I now know there worth.

It was clear that I will be taking the couch. It was a little small for my height but I was getting to sleep under the same roof as her so I couldn't ask for more. I could have easily ordered a sofa cum bed but I didn't want to intrude or place my right in this small abode my Sophie called home.

With a pillow and a blanket I laid down but it was more uncomfortable than I thought. With just two hours of sleep my back was stiff and it hurted like hell. It was past midnight when Sophie came out and I was just turning around trying to adjust my frame on this couch.

"Xander, are you up?"

Hearing her voice I instantly sat up afraid something might have happened to her. Instantly cupping her face in my hands I began.

"Sophie, baby, are you okay? Is it the headache or cramps? Do you want me to prepare tea for you? Wait let me get you some water."

I began running towards the kitchen when she held my hand hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. For a moment I couldn't register what had happened. But when it did I couldn't help the large smile that made its way on my face.

"I am fine Xander. Just switch places with me. Go sleep on the bed."

What? Switch places with her. Hell no. I am never letting her sleep on this couch.

"No, you are not sleeping here. I don't want you move around having a stiff neck."

She smiled and kissed me again.

Is this a dream? Because I don't want it to end. Its the best dream I had in two years.

"I will adjust here Xander. You are tall. I will be fine."

"There is no point of discussion here. Do you want me to prepare something for you?"

She kept looking at me as if contemplating something and then taking my hand lead me towards her room.

"This bed is big enough for both of us. You take the left side and I will be on the right."

And with that she went under the covers. I just stood there trying to understand what just happened. Did she invite me to sleep on the same bed as her? Now there is no doubt that it indeed is a dream.

I just went under the covers and kept staring at her like a creep till I heard soft snores.

And those snores acted like a lullaby for me.

Do you think there relationship still has a chance? Can they really go back to how they were before? What is your take on this?

Do share your thoughts in the comments.