Chapter 30

Xavier Pov

We had our lunch in silence with occassional glares from Sophie and me passing her my smile which I knew was her weakness. And at around two the lunch was almost over and so was her rage.

"Sophie, what is your plan for the day?"

"Nothing out of ordinary. Hospital and office."

"I wanted to ask you something."

She signalled me to continue.

"Can I inform your parents and Thomas that I found you. I am not informing my parents or else they will fly here."

She released a sigh and told me to do that.

"Did your parents know Sophie that you were in Woodslock?"

"No, they didnot. Though I did talk to them once in a while but I never told them where I was. All they knew is I am working in some village as a doctor. They never asked and I never told them. Maybe they didn't ask because they didn't want to keep you in dark."

"I am glad I found you Sophie."

And she just changed the topic.

"Do you want anything special for dessert?"

"Yes, you."

Then I saw her turn as red as a tomato a sight which I had to miss in the morning.

"Fuck you."

"Gladly."

And if I thought she couldn't turn more red she proved me wrong again. Without saying a word she took our plates and rushed to the kitchen and I couldn't help but laugh at her cuteness. She was just as innocent as ever.

She took her leave and I resumed my work. After about an hour I decided to call Sophie's parents.

"Hi mom, how are you?"

"Hello Xander. I am good dear. How are you doing?"

"Well I am excellent mom."

"Why do you sound so happy? Oh my god! You found her!"

"Yes mom I did. And I promise you mom that I will bring her back. And before going to New York we will come visit you."

"Oh Xander! I am so happy. When are you coming? I need to prepare so much to see my daughter."

"In a month mom."

"Well dear I did talk to her once in a while but I am sorry I couldn't tell you."

"Its fine mom. I understand."

"But how did you find her?"

"Well I will send you an article which will make you more proud of your daughter than you already are."

Then I heard the front door opening.

"Mom, I will call you later."

"Bye."

"Sorry for eavesdropping but what article."

"I was wondering why you didn't ask me how I found you."

"I was not hiding that I will be worried about you finding me. I am not a criminal Xander."

"Very well. But it did take me two years to find you."

"Then you need to improve your team. If they couldn't find a person who is not hiding how can you expect them to find someone who is hiding."

I had no strength to continue this conversation. I was sure it was her that time of month so switching the topic I showed her the article.

"When did they publish this?"

"Around a week ago but I am happy they did. You know baby I am so proud of you."

And just like she always did I wrapped my arms arounds her neck and pecked her on her lips. I was really very proud of the woman in front of me. And just like always I thought again.

How did I get so lucky?

Nobody is perfect!
Nor are my characters. At times you will feel like banging there heads on the wall but its just the way they are. Had I written them to be too perfect, they wouldn't be human. They will surrender to their heart and make irrational decisions like we do. At times you will find them vulnerable. They will commit mistake like most of us because they are flawed. Because they are human.