Chapter Thirteen: New Year's Eve

***********************"I'm gonna hit record, and then we need to get this all in one take

"I'm gonna hit record, and then we need to get this all in one take." Miss Jenn announces, while we all take our places for the video to post on East High's account.

Since Carlos started off the video, I somehow thumb-wrestled him into letting me have the part where he was supposed to walk downstairs with Seb; AKA, the part where I only had to jump off one step of the stairs and sing with Seb. And where I could be behind all of the dancers, so I wouldn't break my neck trying to dance in these heels.

"New Year's Eve party at Ashlyn's! Everyone's invited!" After the video, Carlos announces, and we all cheer.

"Gina and I are co-hosting!" Ashlyn adds, since they are now roommates.

"You guys, wait, I don't think I was recording the song." Miss Jenn nervously informs, causing all of us to grow annoyed.

Our drama teacher nervously grins, "Go back to places?"

I scoff a laugh, "This is why I wanted the easy part."

Seb nods in agreement, "Exactly." We high-five.

"What? I thought I pressed it!" The drama teacher defends herself.

The air is filled with disappointed chatter, which we dismiss with laughter before getting back into places.

**************************************************

************************I open the front door to find a grinning Mr

I open the front door to find a grinning Mr. Mazzara, who is wearing a red and green, Blizzard Bay, Christmas, dinosaur sweater; with matching green slacks and a white coat. He is holding a red plate of cookies with tinfoil overtop.

"Merry Christmas Eve!" He grins.

My eyes widen along with my smile; an over-exaggerated expression to match his happiness.

Recently, he has been here frequently, so this visit was not unexpected. However, having to interact with him both at home and at school, is still uncomfortable for me.