Chapter 98

"How is the training session going on, Uday Singh Chauhan?" asked the mighty queen with a affable smile lingering on her lips and mischievous glint in her eyes. With the prince taking small steps of recovery, Aparajita's life was blissful. She was overjoyed when the royal physician had told her that Veerbhadra would recover soon.

Uday Singh Chauhan was helping the prince to do some stretching exercises of his weak legs which had finally begun to move. He was elated to see his friend Veer standing on his legs once again after a span of six months. The prince, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was enthusiastic to walk on his legs without any support soon so he was trying his best to strain his body and strengthen his weak legs.

Assuming the queen was asking about the training of young soldiers as she had been busy with administration of the villages these days and was not able to address the army, Uday Singh Chauhan answered, "Your Highness, the young soldiers are doing really well. The new recruits have completed their swordsmanship training while the senior officials are focusing over wrestling to stay fit. I and the commander-in-chief, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat are also teaching them the laws of a battle."

"Aparajita, you need not worry about the army. Trust me, the soldiers are in capable hands." The prince mumbled as he continued to swing his legs back and forth while Uday Singh Chauhan supported his masculine back.

The mighty queen simpered as she decided to go forward with the much-needed discussion. "I was talking about the training of my sister-in-law", the queen retorted leaving the prince baffled. Veerbhadra always had a hunch that his friend was attracted to the royal lady, Nandini. He had never seen Uday so angry on anyone as he was on Vikrant Singh Rathore, the alcoholic rogue, in the battlefield. The prince keenly remembered Uday talking about Nandini's freedom from Vikrant before he had met with the accident in the battlefield. He had noticed the coy smile on Uday's face whenever they had talked about Nandini.

As much as Veerbhadra was happy for Uday and Nandini, he was still not sure how the society would react on their forbidden relationship. Since the queen had brought up the matter, Veerbhadra was sure that his friend was in deep trouble. Little did he know, Aparajita had something else in her mind.

Uday Singh Chauhan, on the other hand, was astounded at the sudden query. His heart began thumping really hard while his breath hitched. He was attracted to Nandini but he had never crossed any limits despite having genuine emotions for the royal lady. Except for calling her with her name and talking about his day during her training sessions, he had never done anything offensive.

Uday knew she was a forbidden fruit despite he wanted to keep her happy protecting her from all the adversities of life, after all, there was disparity in their social statuses. She was a daughter-in-law of Rathore clan while he was a mere soldier. Nandini was so badly treated by her husband that she never wanted to associate herself with the Rathores till Vikrant was alive but Uday knew that the society would never fathom her feelings and accuse her for an incorrigible affair with him because having lost her husband, she had no right to feel happy. As much as Uday despised the customs of society, he obliged them because he was a part of the same society at the end of the day.

"I asked you something, Uday Singh Chauhan", boomed the queen's authoritative voice breaking his chain of thoughts.

With his eyes glued to the royal marble floor, Uday Singh Chauhan stuttered, "Go...good", while Aparajita nodded in affirmation.

"How long shall these trainings continue?" asked the queen while the little girl inside her was enjoying at his expense.

"Just two more weeks, Your Highness!" Uday mumbled looking everywhere but in the eyes of the queen. He was annoyed at being interrogated with no fault of his. He expected himself to be thrown out of the royal palace but he could care less. All he wanted was a peaceful life for Nandini. He prayed to the Almighty to make sure that the queen must not malign Nandini's character after all, she was as pious as the Ganges.

Aparajita smirked as she asked, "And what would you teach her next?"

"Nothing, Your Highness!" Uday responded keeping his anger in check.

"Uday Singh Chauhan, I have noticed you watching my sister-in-law frequently. I want to know the reason." Aparajita queried politely while Uday took a deep breath to calm himself. He knew he was not doing a crime getting attracted to a young girl who was expected to stay alone forever because her husband was no more.

Before Uday could respond, the queen questioned him softly, "Uday Singh Chauhan, all I want to know is what is in your mind regarding her?"

To protect Nandini from humiliation, Uday murmured, "I am sorry, your highness. I have no bad intention for the royal lady."

"Trust me, queen. Uday would never do any such thing that would malign the name of Rathore clan." Veerbhadra, who was the silent spectator till now, chimed in. The queen glared at Veerbhadra and gestured him to be quiet.

"Uday Singh Chauhan, as much as I have noticed you, I am sure you have good, affectionate intentions towards my sister-in-law. I want you to confess her about your intentions. Take it as the command of your queen." The authoritative voice of the queen boomed inside the lavish chambers of the prince leaving both the men flabbergasted.

"But..." Uday tried to object while the prince was dumbstruck. Uday Singh Chauhan was shocked that the queen had realized his feelings for her sister-in-law but he was surprised that she had chosen not to punish him. His heart was jumping in joy as he realized that the queen wanted to profess his feelings to Nandini but he was afraid of the aftermath of his actions.

Veerbhadra mumbled, "Aparajita, the poor girl has lost her husband. Why do you want to invite trouble for her?" Despite Veerbhadra was happy that his friend was getting an opportunity to profess his feelings for someone he adored but the prince was afraid that any such incorrigible affair in the royal family would attract a massive outrage.

"Uday will leave for Shivgarh tonight and never show his face here. He would do no such incorrigible deed." Veerbhadra ordered.

Uday flinched at the two different commands he had received. His heart craved to follow the queen's order but his rational mind knew that the prince was telling him to do the right thing.

The queen was annoyed at Veerbhadra who had objected her orders. Glaring at the prince, she hissed, "Veerbhadra Singh Rajput, remember you have no say in this. I hope you have not forgotten your deeds. I may forgive you but I would never forget. So, stay quiet."

The prince immediately regretted his words flinching at her menacing tone while Uday scratched the back of his neck getting embarrassed being the third wheel. He admired the queen hollering over his friend and pinpointing the grave mistake prince had committed in the past. He realized he should leave only to hear the queen's angry voice.

"Uday Singh Chauhan, I give you two options, either profess your feelings right here or get married to some girl and never show your face again", snapped the queen angrily. "I would not let you play with a woman's heart and malign the name of Rathore clan", murmured the queen glaring at both of the men present in the royal chambers.

Uday realized it was indeed, a do-or-die situation for him. He could definitely choose the easy option of leaving Vijaygarh and live his life with the beautiful memories he had created while training Nandini but at the same time, he also knew that his decision would add to the sorrows in Nandini's life which was already dark as well as colorless.

"I adore the royal lady with the bottom of my heart, Your Highness. I know it is really incorrigible of me, but I have romantic attraction towards her." Uday accepted the truth admitting his feelings while his eyes were glued to the ground in shame. He had never imagined talking about forbidden topics like romance in front of a woman who was the queen. He gulped in horror preparing himself to hear the orders of his punishment but the queen just smiled.

Taking a deep breath, the queen asked him, "Do you wish to marry her?", to which Uday nodded in affirmation while he turned scarlet-red.

"I apologize to intervene, honorable queen, but it will be outrageous for them to do any such thing", Veerbhadra voiced out his fears getting concerned of the honor of Nandini, the royal lady who had already seen the worst in her life after all, getting widowed at a young age was not welcomed in the society.

The mighty queen could not deny his concerns. "I understand, Veer", she murmured. Taking a deep breath, she continued, "I promised myself to add all the colors in the life of my sister-in-law which I snatched. I don't know how but I will get them married."

Uday smiled as he admired the queen sensible queen. He realized she could fathom the feelings of Nandini without judging her. "Your Highness, thank you", he mumbled while the queen left the bed chambers. The queen decided to visit the priest of the ancestral temple of Shatakshigiri for his advice because he was one of the most learned men of Vijaygarh who could help her prevent the outrage of royal ministers of Vijaygarh.

Veerbhadra smiled. "This woman is ready to break all the norms of this patriarchal society and I cannot help but feel proud of her", he mumbled looking at his friend who was grinning after all, his marriage was fixed with someone whom he loved.

"Veer, don't hurt the queen ever again", he spoke coming out of his reverie. He was planning to confess his feelings to Nandini.

"Uday, I want to make a small suggestion. Don't tell about your feelings to Nandini before Aparajita fixes your wedding officially. Poor girl has already suffered a lot." Veerbhadra suggested wisely and Uday nodded in agreement. He could understand Nandini would be devastated if things went wrong.

With immense positivity, Uday Singh Chauhan helped his friend stand up on his legs and supported him to try taking feeble steps and learn to walk again.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

Let us see if the queen will be able to handle the outrage in the coming chapter.😍😍😍😍

So the good news is, there are just two chapters to go, including the Epilogue! 😁😁😁😁

I will just say, please shower love on this story. I want some votes and some comments that I could cherish as the journey of Love and Redemption is almost coming to an end! 💙

I will be coming back soon till then, please take care 💛

Love you all
💜