Chapter 38

Dining Hall

Their eating session was in total silence. She eat in a very well manner way. These days Xu Ling Ai feel so insecure whenever she is with him.

It worsened when there are people who said she did not deserve him. She know her own place and she is trying her best not to like him.

Who wouldn't fall for a man who is there whenever you need them? Xu Ling Ai was going to think of Li Zhao as her crush only. Nothing more than that because he probably likes someone else.

'Probably Princess Ning Jing.' Xu Ling Ai sighed when she remember the lady that Gu Mama told her before.

"This lord is heading to the city tonight. Do you wish to go?" Li Zhao remarks startled Xu Ling Ai who has been sighing.

Gu Mama told him that Xu Ling Ai hasn't go out these days because of the experiment of poison that she has been doing. So he decided to bring her out.

"But if you don't want.." Before he could finish his sentence, she cut flabbergasting cut him off.

"Did you just asked me on a dating?" Xu Ling Ai said in a teasing tone. Instantly turn her mood cheerfully just to tease him. She raised her eyebrows up and down.

'My crush just ask me for a freaking date! D.A.T.E.' She excitedly thought.

She too feel embarrassed as this is the first time a man actually invite her to go out with him. Naturally, she will think of it as a date.

"Just forget it." Hearing her teasing tone, he eventually give up.

"It is set then. See you later! And I will get up first." Xu Ling Ai said while getting up from the eating table. She went away without waiting for his answer.

On her way going out, she couldn't stop the her lips turning into a small smile. Xu Ling Ai is very happy that her heart flutters like there's no tomorrow.

While Li Zhao sat there continuing eating his breakfast. After a matter of seconds, Wu Xi suddenly interrupted the happy moment.

"But Your Highness tonight is the full moon. Did you forget last time you lost your control is not even full moon? Can you imagine how much stronger you're gonna be when it is full moon?" Wu Xi said worriedly. He never meant to be the happy moment but he needed to make Li Zhao realise the reality of his own body.

"This lord has promised her. I will try to held it in." Li Zhao forgot that tonight is full moon. Every full moon he will stay in his underground territory. Because his monster side is coming out.

"What if you lose control and accidentally hurt Princess Consort? I'm sure you will never want that to happen." Wu Xi try to reasoning him out. Wu Xi don't want Li Zhao regret his own decision.

Bloom Pavilion

Xu Ling Ai was so happy that she spent hours searching for a suitable robes. If she is in the modern world, she would probably wear a dress for a date.

"Gu Mama do I look pretty? I mean fine. Do I look fine?" Xu Ling Ai asked Gu Mama while twirling around with her clothes.

She don't know why but she feel very giddy. It was so funny that this is her first dating ever. If her dad were here, he probably would nagged at her to come back early. She giggles at the thought.

"Yes Princess Consort. His Highness will be delighted." Gu Mama feel so happy seeing that their relationship going in a smooth path.

"I don't dressed up for him. I just wanted to make sure that I look decent enough to stand at Duke Su's side." Xu Ling Ai denied.

Tonight she is wearing a white theme mixed with a little bit of yellowish colour. This is the first time she wore some accessories after their marriage. Xu Ling Ai just feel like wearing it so she ask for Gu Mama help.

"I will get going first. Thanks for your help Gu Mama!" She ran outside while holding up her robes. Gu Mama shake her head at her silliness.

Li Zhao's Study Room

"Your Highness! Your Highness!" Even from afar everyone could hear her high pitched happy voice.

"Greeting Princess Consort. His Highness had some matter to settle so he couldn't go out tonight." Wu Xi unwillingly said. He feel so guilty to Xu Ling Ai.

"But he told me that we're going out." Xu Ling Ai voice turned flat. Realisation dawn on her. Did she got dumped? Disappointment starting to get visible on her face.

"Your Highness come out! Come out!" She is not satisfied. Xu Ling Ai wanted to barged in but Wu Xi stand in her way.

"Yahh! Li Zhao! You better come out!" She feel like she is being rejected or friendzoned. Feeling so mad that he didn't even gave her a proper explanation, she yell at him by callinh his name for the first time.

"I will not walk away until you come out." All of a sudden rumble of thunder, the sky was lit up by lightning.

Xu Ling Ai could sense that it is going to start raining but she won't go back to her chamber until she know what the heck is wrong with him.

"This lord had to settled some important matter. You can go alone if you want to." A figure appears at the door of the study room.

"Is it really important that you broke your own promise?" She try to calm down and question him for one last time.

"Indeed." He replied without any hesitation. Li Zhao couldn't let his heart make the decision. If he follow his heart, he would be with her at Luoyang city by now.

"Huh! You really think that I really want to go with you? I only need you to follow me to pay for all the things that I want to buy. I need your money! So don't flatter yourself. I know that you're just like any other men! Remember you're the one who invited me not the other way around. I can go with other man if I wanted to!" Xu Ling Ai was so disappointed that she just poured everything out. He should've told her earlier if he is busy.

Once that being said, she turned around wanting to leave there. Drizzles of rain starting to fell on her long hair and face. Her face were flush red.

"Also you can take this jade. I don't need it." Xu Ling Ai stopped and turned back around facing him. She throw the jade hard on the ground.

The falling jade make a sound of clacking as the jade break into several pieces. Xu Ling Ai watch him but he didn't even show any emotion.

However, Xu Ling Ai accidentally saw his eyes turning black and red. He was holding his hand into fist. But she was too mad that she just turn around and left.

P.S.
She got rejected. How will y'all react if you got dumped by a guy?

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R