🤍4🤍

Sixty days and night flew away with the blink of an eye and no fruit peered to reap. She sat down on the bench in the garden of the hospital with palms joined together. She felt suffocated inside. Her hair was draped with a dupatta. Her face, a blend of pale and rage.

When will this come to an end?

Her days passed with prayers day and night, requests to the angels in swaying her message to heaven and in glaring into blank space recalling the gist of happy fine days.

Where did it scour away?

Her in-laws kept on enchanting her to have some Sabr. But did she care? She was already doomed with her husband's condition that everything fell to dead ears. On the other hand, there was Wildan who arrived the very next day fortunately because of few flights which had commenced. She ignored him not even a Salam was exchanged in between just a curt nod was all that she could give. She didn't say but she knew Wildan was hurt because he hadn't talked to her since her marriage. Earlier it was he who avoided her now it was her. She turned her face to the right. What a pathetic self has she converted herself to! She chewed her bottom lip to devour the emerging moan which was wiped away with the pad of the thumb covered with a white napkin before it could advance down. She looked up immediately, her breath hitched in throat as mouth went dry. Standing in front of her was a matured man, her best friend not the dimple popping silly teenage boy.

"Kaise ho?" His voice came out to be more painful than expected. He released a grunt cursing himself peering as a weak man in front of his best friend.

(How are you?)

"T-Thik..tum kaise ho?"

(F-Fine...how are you?)

"Umm...thik kyuki bura to Wildan kabhi ho he nahi sakta," he joked away trying to light up the atmosphere. She let out a chuckle covering her mouth.

(Umm...fine because Wildan can never be bad.)

"Hmm...tumhe kabhi nahi sudharna haina?"

(Hm...you will never optimize, will you?)

"Jab tum sudhroge hum bhi sudhar jaengai." she scoffed at him.

(When you will I will too.)

"Hatt Badtameez!"

(Shuu Mannerless!)

"Hurr Chudail!" And they let out a hearty giggle like the same old teenagers when their spirits were young when they didn't have to face the world when they didn't have to go through agony.

(Shuu Witch!)

Dreams modest with the size of home

Autumn was replaced by Winter. A frigid impetus ran from her side.

"Let's go inside. It is very cold here."

They waited for some more hour hand to spin. It was 8:00 PM when she went inside to look at his immobilized form. Taking Salar's palm in hers she kissed the back of it and drew the other over his face stopping to caress his cheeks.

"You have disturbed me ample, now wake up fast. See I'm not eating green vegetables again. I have been a very bad mother, come to scold me. I-I can't l-live without you." A tear rolled out of her lacrimal as she closed her eyes sobbing silently. She was about to get up to sane her hazied self when a hand tightened around her forefinger. She turned to look at him who wriggled a little with uneasiness as her face was scintillated like a moonbeam. This was the first time he has shown any motion since the day of the accident.