17. Sunset

Her e/c drifted to the blue sky as clouds passed by, enjoying the scene while it lasted. How the sun shone above, giving energy to every lives, and the cloud looked fluffy and pure white as ever.

She laid herself on the bed, gazing mindlessly, as if she's waiting for something that never existed.

The h/c haired hadn't heard anything from the captain for days, somehow stirred her disappointment. But一why was she waiting for him?

In her head, only some shards of memories were all that left. 'What the hell am I waiting for?' She kept questioning herself those seven little words.

Knock knock

The knockings form outside caught her attention. She didn't move her gaze or lift a finger. "Come in," she holored loudly but softly. The door clicked opened一revealing the familiar blonde woman and the man she'd been waiting for一Diane Lysafia and her father, Robert.

"Y/n.." Robert spoke softly, gaining her attention in the process. Her e/c orbs moved to his concern ones. "Father...? Who is this woman?"

Looked like her memory loss became worse.

Robert let out a sigh, walking closer to the girl. He sat on the bed, slowly reaching out for her hand. "I'm sorry I came late. Have you been eating well?"

The sound of her father sent butterflies to her stomach一either they died down or they were flying. She bit her lips, looking into his eyes. "Where have you been? I've been waiting for you."

Robert nodded his head. "I'm sorry, I was preparing for the wedding."

"W-wedding? Whose wedding?" Her voice cracked一couldn't even remember whose wedding he's taking care off. "Mine with your new mother."

Degh

"...New mother? Then what about Mother? She'll be sad if you leave..." She bit her lips together, holding back the tears that threatened to escape. Why couldn't she remember?

"She's no longer with us, Y/n.. you should let go of her."

"Let go? She's still here. We just had our family dinner," Y/n insisted. Her glossed e/c stayed still to his gaze一couldn't afford themselves to move.

The last family dinner they had...? Five or maybe eight years ago was the last time they had their family dinner together一as a whole. "Father, she's here!" Her insist went louder一but her voice became raspy.

"Y/n... don't make it hard than it already is. She died months ago. You were there in her grave."

The h/c haired woman shook her head, even denying her father's statement of truth further. "No! Then what is she doing here?" She pointed accusingly to the blonde that only stood there.

Diane stepped closer to the man, holding his arm comfortingly. "It's fine, honey. Maybe she's一"

"Don't touch him!"

"Y/n."

She didn't mind the warning from her father. "You didn't come for me! You're having fun with women! You left me here with Anwyll and Mother! What else are you going to do next? Break our promise?"

"Y/n! Didn't your mother teach you to not shout?"

She flinched一eyes turned stone cold slowly. "Mother has nothing to do with this!"

"Your mother was crazy. Stop acting like her, Y/n," Robert warned, but gained nothing from the h/c.

"Crazy? It was you who's driving her crazy!" Y/n was helpless, nothing on hand. She couldn't remember, not even a single piece could she recall. "Come on, Robert. Maybe she's having one of her episodes," the blonde convinced, finally managed to calm Robert down.