Ria - The Dark Dark Wood

Reviewer: fire_dragon_24

Review: The Dark Dark Wood

Client: LadyInTower

🌻

Cover And Blurb: The cover is unique, and fits the book perfectly. It seems like a traditional, hard cover paperback cover, and I really love it. The font emphasizes the theme of the book, and no changes need to be made to the cover. The blurb was outstanding! It was written perfectly, and I couldn't find anything that I would've changed in it. It sets off the main idea of the book, and the way that it is written is perfect. And just like the rest of the book, the use of descriptive language was extraordinary. This book is the one and only book that I haven't written an alternate blurb for, because I truly feel like it cannot be improved. The one and only extremely minor concern that I have is that instead of using the word "woods" the author has used "wood". Throughout the book. "Woods" refers to the term used to describe a geographical area, whereas "wood" is used to describe a type of material that comes from trees. That is the only thing that I request the author to change.

Grammar: The grammar was perfect. I didn't spot a single typo, or mistake throughout the chapters that I read. But just to be sure, the author can edit the book one last time, just to clear out any mistakes that I failed to notice. Like I've mentioned before, the vocabulary was simply extraordinary. The books setting was a dark forest or a home close to the woods, and the terms used to describe everything fit the terms used by such people perfectly. I found this rather intriguing, and it reminded me of a book series that I loved as a young child "Little House On the Prairie". All in all, the vocabulary and grammar were completely perfect and extremely witty.

Plot: The plot is beyond anything that anyone can ever imagine. It is unique, very well structured and simply phenomenal. As I've already mentioned, the book has a sort of "country" vibe to it. The book is part of a series called "The Bedtime Story" series. I found it ironic how fitting yet unusual that was. Fitting, because it was written exactly in a way that a bedtime story would be written in. But unusual, because the plot was mysterious, slightly gory and too thrilling to be a bedtime story. I really loved how utterly terrifically the story fits with the name of the series in an unusual way. The books place was slow, but it didn't disappoint. It was divided into a series of different parts, revolving around different experiences of the children and their parents.

The flow of it was unique, but I really loved it. The originality factor just made the book ten times better, which seems highly impossible, because it was outstanding to begin with. Overall, the plot was jaw dropping, and I would really like to thank the author for coming up with such a great and creative idea. So, thank you so much for your wonderful imagination "LadyInTower"!

Characterization: The characters were very unique, and I could definitely see the development in each one of them throughout the chapters of the book that I read. Their personalities were different from the ones of any other books, and I really liked the mix up that the author did. He/She/They added a twist to the generic personalities that are set for books without being said aloud, and I really love the uniqueness that this feature adds to the plot. So very well done on the characterization and character development.

Overall enjoyment: I loved this book with all of my heart! It's insanely unique, a perfectly ironic bedtime story, and the work done on it is jaw dropping. The author took some classical literature style writing, and mixed it up with some of her/his/their own twists and turns, presenting a masterpiece!

For the author: I was extremely impressed with your work, and I want nothing more than to see it win some awards, and get the recognition that it deserves. Thank you so much for asking me to review your book for you!

-Ria