Thirty-three

I just started a Chandler Riggs fic make sure you check it out!

*-*-*

"How do we know we can trust her??" Riley asked the group.

"This is Maggie, Glenn and Miles! Why are we even debating?" Beth said.

"We ain't. I'll go after them" Daryl volunteered.

"Well, this place sounds pretty secure. You can't go alone" Rick told Daryl.

"I'll go" Dean said and Sam nodded along with his brother.

"Me too" Oscar said.

"I'm in" I called out from the top Of the stair case where I was sitting. Rick glanced around at us and nodded.

"Daryl, Dean, Sam, Michonne, Oscar and I. That's who's going" Rick informed.

"What? No, I want to go too" I said, crossing my arms and standing up straighter.

"I know, we need you here, with the baby. We need you to protect everyone here" Rick told me, leaning in and titling his head. His piercing blue eyes caused me to shiver and I agreed.

As much as I would love to help save them, Rick was right. I needed to stay at the prison and protect the most vulnerable.

The group that was leaving was getting ready to leave. Daryl headed upstairs to our cell to gather supplies. I ran up after him and leaned against the cell door.

"Don't die please" I whispered. He turned his head away from his backpack and looked up from me. He walked over and pulled me to him. Daryl wrapped his muscular arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck.

He used his thumb to tilt my chin up and placed a soft kiss on my lips. It was tender and passionate, our lips molding into each others.

"I won't. I love ye" He mumbled against me lips.

"I love you too"

*-*-*

The group that was leaving was packing a car with supplies and backpacks full of weapons. I stood by Carol, who was holding baby Grimes.

By the car, Daryl was talking to Carl about something. I guess I was staring because Carol nudged my shoulder.

"He's going to be fine" She assured me.

"I know, he always is. Its Miles in worried about." I lied. Of course I was worried about Miles but I can't help but be worried for Daryl too.

"I'm sure he's okay too, He's tough" She said and I nodded as I walked over to the gate to open it for the car.

"Wasn't this place over run?" Michonne asked coldly.

"It was" I answered.

"And you cleared out all my yourselves?" She scoffed. " Just the few of you?"

"There were others.." I said sadly. She sighed and looked at the ground, regretting her tone of voice she used previously. I walked away, back to Carol and the baby.

"Carl" Rick said, getting his sons attention and pulling him around the corner to talk.

Daryl walked passed us and kissed my cheek. Once he noticed that Carol saw, his cheeks flushed and he cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Stay safe" He said to us both as he walked away. They all got in the cars and drove down the dirt path, out the gates.

As we were walking back inside Carl ran up to me.