017. to call a friend (2)

sometimes, silence is just so horrible at night

Pitter patter.

That was a sound that should've been present at this hour; one that might've defied their current frightful reality had it not disappeared.

Ham Haru folded her hands together, delving into deep thought, a mug of iced coffee sat beside her while she surveillance the girl tucked in bed.

Today was March 2nd. A day considered to be a nightmare for Ham Dan-i.

...another lovely day for me to compete for an Oscar's Award. Ham Haru thought, whisking away a sip of her drink as if it were a champagne of honour to encourage her figure of speech. The gloomy mood seemed perfect for it.

"No...! That's not...!"

It wasn't long till her younger sister began shuffling in her sleep, face scrunched up in anguish. Faint whimpers of pleading and apologies followed as her quivering grip on her blankets tightened.

Then a gasp.

"...Haru...unnie...?"

Ham Haru turned to the girl who was now wide awake. However, Ham Dan-i's brown pools were gaping in distraught, as if lost in a painful reverie.

At this, her twin meekly smiled. "It's okay, dear sister. You just had a bad dream."

Ham Dan-i abruptly went to the window and jerked it open, touching its stool as if Ham Haru's words fell of deaf ears.

"...Haru unnie," Ham Dan-i's voice trembled in fear. "it was raining last night...right...?"

Ham Haru hardened her heart, forcing herself to swallow her inner conflict. She of all people knew it had rained. How could she not? After all, she had stayed up the whole night due to insomnia.

However, instead of agreeing, Ham Haru willingly released a troubled sigh; even if it meant driving her twin insane.

"Hm, I think you're mistaken? It never rained today, so you must've dreamt it."