[R/D]chapter thirty seven: broken hearted.

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I run out the door of the factory, sitting next to the soup pot and waiting for Karl to come out.

"Fucking hell, how did you run away...?!"
Karl mumbles, clutching his heart and breathing heavily...he doesn't run much, does he? He sure ran quickly when Moreau was running at us...then again, that was life or death, this is soup.

"...with my feet, how else?"
I say.

"Alright smart ass, let me sit for a second."
Karl says, walking over and sitting with me, i scoop the bowl back into the pot to fill the part i gave to Ben.

Im so glad Ben can eat...it means he isn't gone yet, he's still a person...still the little boy i can rescue and take back to the normal world.

"It got dark quick.."
Karl mumbles, staring up at the stars, i just shrug and put the makeshift bowl to my lips, drinking the soup, i forgot the spoon in Ben's room and i don't want Karl to disappear to his Lab in the split second im there.

"Fuck, don't go that quick, you'll vomit your damn stomach out!"
Karl warns, i finish the soup quickly and smile.

"It tastes great."
I say, wiping my lips of the remaining broth.

I scoop the bowl back into the pot, but instead of drinking it myself, i hand it to Karl, who just looks at me with a confused expression.

"....you do remember i don't eat, right?"
Karl asks.

"But you still can, so try it."
I say, he looks at me, then the bowl.

"...the things i do for you."
He mumbles, grabbing the bowl from my hands.

"I don't think fighting a fish monster and grabbing me from a thousand foot drop doesn't compare to drinking soup."
I say, he doesn't respond and drinks the soup like i did, except when he's done, he sits it on the ground.

"So?"
I say, he sighs and smiles a little.

"Its not bad, is that what you wanna hear?"
Karl asks, i smile and lay on my back.

"Yep."
I say, Karl moves a bit closer to me and lays on his back as well.

"This has been a hell of a week."
Karl says.

"I died, i was kidnapped by a tall woman and metal magic man, so...yeah, hell of a week indeed."
I say.

"...if you could've left, would you?"
Karl asks, i move on my side and look at him.

"What do you mean?"
I ask.

"If there was some trail out of the village, would you leave, right now?"
Karl asks.

"...i don't know."
I mumble...it really depends on if Ben and Karl would come...i wouldn't leave without them.

i know at first i was planning on escaping Karl with Ben...but Karl is important to me now, somebody i can trust with my life...i don't think i would leave if he couldn't come with me.

"You don't know..?"
Karl asks.

"Well, i have to find a cure for Ben."
I point out, Karl and I have to cure Ben and kill Miranda before we can leave, or both of them couldn't exactly be free from here.

"Ah, Ben."
He says, sitting up.

"What about him?"
I ask.

"You really treat that kid like he's your son, know that? I've never seen somebody so scared about a boy's safety that they take down an entire empire for him."
Karl says.

"Well...he's a child, a place with monsters and magical murder scenes isn't a place where a child belongs."
I say.

"Yeah...guess you're right."
Karl mumbles.

"...do we have to kill her?"
I ask, sitting up as well.

"Who?"
Karl asks.

"Lady Dimitrescu...are you sure she wouldn't help us? She's kind...she isn't as evil as you'd think."
I say...im doubting that she's the reason Ben looked so pale and bruised..if he was turning into a monster, it probably hurt, he may have just been thrashing against the chains...right?

Lady Dimitrescu is great, shes so kind and caring...i don't want to kill her, but what would she do if I killed Miranda? Would she hate me..? Hurt me? No...she promised, even if i left, she said she was a woman of her word...she wouldn't hurt me..i hope.

"...shes not that nice, if you've seen what I've seen, you would hate her."
Karl says.

"What have you seen, Karl?"
I ask.

"Twisted shit that you shouldn't be listening to at night, Humans cant sleep after terrifying shit happens, I'll just tell you when the suns up."
Karl says, standing up and stretching.

"Alright, if that's what you thinks best."
I say.

"We should go inside, you need sleep and i need to work on my soldats for the war."
Karl says, walking away and into the factory.

"...well shit."
I mumble, laying on my back again.

He's been acting really strange, more often every day...maybe he's worried about Miranda? I would be too..from what I've heard, she must be terrifying..

Karl Heisenberg POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back into the elevator i go...i should clean the damn lab, Lady big bitch really knows how to permanently fuck things up for me..

"Fuck..."
I mumble, leaning on the railing.

I left them outside..godamnit, why did i even ask that? Does it matter if they want to leave? Hell, it would save their ass to run as far away as they can from here! From me...!

"My head is really fucking depressing today."
I say.

...fuck this entire village, Miranda needs to die...They won't make much of a difference if they stay for that, they're a fragile human, they don't belong in this war...or this village.