Chapter 35

They sat me down on a seat and put my hands behind the chair. They handcuffed my ankles to the chair's legs as well. They left. Everything was quiet. I knew my head was bleeding. I felt as if one of my stitches had come undone. I couldn't hold my head up. It was just flopped down. I was scared, and I'm not one to get scared. I knew that I shouldn't fight them. I knew Grant would look after me. Wouldn't he?

It must have been five minutes, but it felt like forever. They came back into the room. They were setting something up in front of me. I was helpless. It was the same people as earlier.

"Awwwww! You're still here?!" One of them teased me, "Well that's a shame!" He said and kicked me in the shin.

"Pete!" The other one shouted at him. 'Pete' just carried on, "Pete!!! She's had her fair share!" He shouted. Pete then punched me one last time in the gut, then walked away.

I heard some racket. More people came in the door. They stood behind me and at my sides. I could sense they had knives and guns in their hands. Somebody important must have walked into the room because the room fell silent. There was a brief moment of him talking.

"I think we have something of yours that you may be wanting back sometime soon." He said in his husky voice. I couldn't tell who it was, until they pulled the hood of my head.