43. Ginger

Fifth Year:

We entered Gladrags Wizardwear.

Okay, fine.

I entered Gladrags Wizardwear and James had to follow me.

I wasn't trying to enter a clothing shop of course, but I wasn't paying to where I was going, so I ended up there. And James didn't even try to argue. He was just following me around with a grin.

I walked around the showcases and ran my hand through the clothes.

A few other younger Slytherins and Hufflepuffs were also in the shop, buying new clothes, hats and robes, having small conversations.

"Oi, Wood. How do I look?" I turned around and looked at the boy with a giant wizard hat covering his whole face.

I smiled as I grabbed another hat from the shelf and put it on. The hat was way too big for my head, so it covered my face until it reached my mouth. It had a small hole just where it covered my eyes.

I could see James was bending over to be in the same height as me. He lowered his head until the pointy part of the hat was hitting my face.

"Hat fight!" He moved his head left and right and managed to hit my face harder.

I lowered my face as well and hit my hat's pointy part to his nose.

My head started moving back and forward, left and right as we continued the small fight. I tried to keep it quiet so we wouldn't get everyones attention, but I don't think it worked.

At the end I got dizzy and took off the hat.

He took off his one as well, but he kept making weird sounds.

"Shh. They will kick us out if you continue." I whispered, putting the hats back to their shelves.

He made the same sound so I put my hands on his shoulders to make him stop.

"I'm not doing it on purpose. It's hiccups."

He was giggling while we got out of the shop and walked towards the Three Broomsticks.

Every five seconds, another hiccup.

"You find us a table I will get the drinks." He nodded and left.

Three Broomsticks was busy as always with students talking loudly, laughing and walking around.

I passed a few younger girls and asked the bartender for two butterbeers.

I grabbed the beer glasses and found James sitting alone on a table right next to the window. I sat across from him and gave him his butterbeer.

"How is your hiccups?"

He took a long sip from his butterbeer. "Better." He had butterbeer around his upper lip that looked like a mustache.

But I didn't feel like telling him.

What? It looks funny.

*****

We drank our butterbeers, and talked about everything and anything.

He told me about the pranks he was planning on doing and I gave him a few ideas. Somehow, we even ended up talking about our families. I told him about how I got the scar on my lip and he told me about the time he accidentally made his dad bald.

Which is weird, because apparently he wasn't even doing magic, or using any spell.

He was cooking?