Chapter 35: Quagmire

#960

So many things are happening in life, that to altogether, all at once. Life has never been so in chaos, spinning, tumbling, and taking a new turn every day. It doesn't seem so long now since I met Miher. It feels like yesterday and yet now that I've not seen him I don't even remember days and I crave his company so much. Feels like a lifetime. I miss his lingering scent and his jovial face. 

God! When did I come to this...

And I so do wish for, pray for, is another boring Thursday. Please, someone put an end to this daily life drama. It's like I'm a part of a movie that doesn't see an end. 

~ Aavya, just the night before another mess popped up. 

❋❋❋

Ansh and Ahana were lost in their bubble of mirth, in each other's arms. 

" Ansh, I-I..." She had to say something just for him to stay a little longer. She had no idea why he was here with her or what she'd say to him but she'd do it anyway.
Even if it is something absolutely stupid.

But Ansh had some other plans in his devious mind. He couldn't let his wife complete herself as he did trust her enough to know that she would blurt something absurd.

So, he swooped at the right moment to capture her savory lips in a deep kiss and he gave in a second, putting her arms around him to close whatever the gap remained. He kissed her lips then moved to her cheeks followed by her eyes and nose and then again back where he started. Their eyes were closed as their breaths mingled into one. Ansh could feel Ahana's cheeks wet with a stream of tears flowing and at that moment he realized he was emotional too. He rarely cried but these days another side of his was coming into the picture. 

" Ansh, I-I love you and I'm..." She was breathing hard now as they parted to gasp some air, their foreheads touching each other and their eyes were closed.

" Ahana," He cut her, " I love you. I'm so sorry, I've been an ass... I can't... Oh! I wasted so much time thinking... " He babbled randomly as there was so much he wanted to say.

" No! I deserved it. All of it." When she said that he kissed her again until they both slacked down against the wall holding hands, fingers intertwined with Ahana resting her head on his shoulder.

" Ansh..."

" Shush..." He silenced her putting a finger on her lips.

" Don't! Let's just stay like this for a while." He said it too soon as his phone rang.

" Aavya, sweetie..." He said before picking it up as Ahana watched him with concern.

" Okay! I'm with your Mumma. We'll be right there. Please, Relax." He hung up.

✿✿✿

" OhMyGod!" Aavya's mumble was not just that.

All the three of them looked at each other for a few more seconds. Logan tried hard not to react but Aman grabbed him in a tight hug.

" Congrats, buddy. I'm so happy. Stay put, I'll make it right." He whispered quickly and Logan patted him back.

Next up was Aavya who jumped up instantly. She was in oblivion and her happiness and shock were all pure. 

" Big Bro! I'm gonna be an aunt... I can't believe it. Congrats!" She wasn't letting him go.

" Aavya, thanks." He spoke hesitantly and let her grasp go.

" Ayan! C'mon, you're gonna be an uncle. Is that too much to handle?" Aavya's joy was truly beyond measure.