˚✧˳ Chapter 15 - Dancing With Your Ghost ˳✧˚

❝ I like dancing with you

I like dancing with you... You're just annoying.

THE MAJESTIC 12

˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚✧ ☂️ ✧˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚

"AGAIN!" Sir Reginald ordered, voice resonating to the empty hallways of the Academy. Children aligned, hands on their designated places, and frowns pasted among their faces. The music restarted with the kids groaning in unison. An imperfect step is equivalent to failure to their father who had very strict rules when it comes to ballroom lesson.

Three girls were only available for the opposite gender therefore the other two boys will be grimacing to whoever will play the role of the feminine. Unlucky as they are, after a song's switch, so does the person in front f them; Six was paired with Seven, Three with Five, Two with Eight, and One with Four.

Reginald saw Number Two's improper placement of hands on his partner. He harshly slapped the boy's wrist with a cane, which made him hiss in pain. "Number Two! Put your whole palm on her waist. You are holding a woman, not a pile of garbage."

Number Two mouthed his dialogue, a mockery of his persona would make him calm down, so he really has to do it. "Stop rolling your eyes. We might get in trouble again because of you." Eight whispered while Two did what he was told this time. "Oh, do I look like I care?" He fumed.

"'Oh, do I look like I care'." Eight mimicked. "Don't go crying again when Dad puts you in time-out. You're a baby trapped inside a teenager's body." She insulted, which made Two click his tongue.

The music reached to its climax part, the hardest part according to the family since that was where the complicated steps would come in. "And, 1... 2... 3..!" Reginald's recitation made all his children made everyone move to the beat simultaneously. This time, none have fallen. Not a silly accident occurred and non have used their powers on their brother for their own amusement; It was One and Two who always make each other trip.

Everyone despises this time of their schedule. They thought it was rather irrelevant and bad for their overall character as kids.

"See? Not that hard." Reginald stood at the center. "Again!"

Everyone sighed exhaustingly. This the 5th time they danced to the same song. They could never reach their father's satisfaction that they all desperately want to be earned despite him being such a cruel beast to his own children.

Eight walked to the side. The partners have changed. The one in front of her was Number Five. Brows arched down, his lips pursed to the side as he sucked in his cheek. She could never tell whether he was hiding his excitement or hiding his disappointment.