Chapter 12

Michael thought I was completely crazy for rescuing the poor kitten. He didn't think I was responsible enough to handle the responsibility and time a kitten would take, but he seemed to have forgotten that I own my own pet store and that I take care of animals for a living. After he was done lecturing me like a child he slumped into my couch only to have the kitten climb on him and curl into a little white ball on his lap, his cold heart melted on the spot. Since last night it was hard to get Michael away from it, he continually followed it around making sure it was warm and wasn't doing anything naughty. The same goes for Anthony he kept trying to get kitten to lay in his lap but after a minute it would get antsy and eventually jump off.
"It needs a name." Michael said. "We can't keep calling it kitty." We were all sitting around the table the next morning when he brought up the question all three of us looked over at the kitten to see it peacefully sleeping on a rug.
"I agree, but I have no idea what to call it." I said.
"How about we all think of one name today and at dinner we choose from the best of them?" Anthony suggested, it sounded like a good idea to me. Now I just have to think of a good name.
The work day was going slow, McKenna and I were just sitting around chatting, we had clean the store three times, filled the water containers twice and organized the products countless of times. It was a beautiful day too, the May weather was slowly turning into June weather.
"I'm so bored, is there nothing else we can do? Can't we just lock up the joint and go have some summer fun?" McKenna complained.
"Oh how much I wish we could but sadly we can't." I laughed, she dramatically threw her hands in the air getting ready to do some more complaining and whining when the bell rang signaling a customer, we looked up and I instantly recognized the little girl with black pig-tails and bright blue eyes, next to her must have been her mother they were exact copies of each other she had long black hair flowing down her back and big blue eyes, they both kindly smiled at me.
"Well hello." I said walking up to them. "What can I help you with?" I smiled.
"We are just here to get some food." The mom said.
"Do you remember me?" I heard a small voice say, I looked down to see the little girl talking to me, I kneeled down to her height and smile.
"Of course I do. Your name is Stella." The little girl giggled and blushed.
"The cat food is over their." I said pointing on the general direction of it, they thanked me and got their food, paid for it and left.
A few more people came in after that but no one since three o'clock, I close the store at six and at five I let McKenna leave she gladly did. I was finishing sweeping the floor as the bell rang.
"Sorry we're closed." I called over my shoulder, there was no reply, no sound or anything. I felt the flutter a fear and dread in my stomach. I felt hands grasp my waist I went to scream but a hand closed over my mouth prohibiting the noise. The fear I was feeling couldn't be expressed, I felt the mans arm circle around my waist bring my back closer to his chest, his breath fanned across my ear and neck causing shivers to erupt on my skin. I felt his mouth open next to my ear and he spoke.
"Did I scare you?" My fear I felt suddenly turned into anger, I was fuming as the man behind me chuckled I broke free of his brace and sharply turned to face him. Anthony stood there with a satisfied smirk on his face. My hands were fisted and my jaw clenched.
"Did you scare me!? For God sakes of course you scared me! I almost had a heart attack! I thought I was going to get killed or raped!" I was fuming and shouting at him, he seemed to have seen my panic angry face and his smirk vanished.
"Oh geez Lynn, I'm sorry I was just joking I didn't realize it would have scared you this much," he said he was blushing and running the back of his neck, I didn't say anything I turned my back on him and walked to the supply closet. I grumbling to myself, my heart was still beating fast in my chest and my hands were shaking, it was hard putting the cleaning supplies on the shelves because they were shaking violently. I felt him come up behind and stretched his arms forward taking the supplies out of my hands and placing them on the shelves.
"I really am sorry Marilynn, I didn't know I scared you this bad." He whispered close to my ear, then he kissed my temple, tears threaten to spill over in the last two minutes I have experienced more emotions than I have in an entire day. Fear, anger, sadness, love. My emotions felt to high it was hard to contain them, Anthony drove home I was to much of a mess to drive he comforted me though as he drove he held onto the tips of my fingers, it wasn't suppose to feel so good and intimate but it did and that brought on a whole new wave of fear.