𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐭 𝐫 𝐨 𝐢 𝐬

Madelyn got up early when the wind was quieter

Madelyn got up early when the wind was quieter. Bella was still sleeping, snoring every so often. Edward was outside, sitting beside Seth, who was in his wolf form. They seemed to have a conversation, as Edward was talking and waiting for an answer, which he probably got by reading the younger wolf's mind. The vampire quieted down when he heard Madelyn walking towards them.

"Good morning, boys," Madelyn smiled and sat down, leaning against Seth's giant body, who snuggled his head on hers. Edward smiled softly at the sight.

"Slept well?" Madelyn knew the unasked question under the one Edward asked. He wanted to know if she was feeling better than the past day.

"Yes, thank you. Are you ready for today?" Madelyn nudged the shapeshifter and slightly smiled towards the mind reader. Seth let out a bark, making Edward chuckled.

"He said yes. I just want to deal with it so we can be in peace," Edward stared at the ground, playing with the snow that had fallen. Madelyn nodded and Seth whined a little, making the vampire smiled.

"Me and Seth are going to check around. Are you going to be okay?" Edward nodded, understanding his uncle's mate wanted to know if he was fine with staying alone with his ex for a few minutes. Madelyn walked away, behind a tree and undressed before shifting carefully. Both wolves speeded away quickly, beyond the mind reading gift's reach. Nobody else besides Seth was in their wolf form, so the Swan wolf was fine with letting her mind wonder.

"YOU AND NATE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BABY?" Seth jumped in front of Madelyn, making her laughed.

"Maybe, we're not sure about it yet. You have to stay quiet about it though, okay Seth?"

"I promise! I will not think about it anymore," They both stayed quiet for a few seconds before Madelyn heard. "I'm going to be his favorite uncle," The girl laughed again.

"For sure. Nobody can compete with you," Seth barked happily and rubbed his head on Madelyn's side before running away. They walked around to make sure the woods were clear, before going back to the camp. Bella was up and still trying to get Edward to turn her. When he saw the shapeshifters coming back, he got up from the ground.

"Everyone is here. Nate wanted to stop by to make sure you were alright before the battle started, but the newborns are nearby," Madelyn nodded as she smelled the sickly scent of unknown vampires. "It's starting."

The fourth of them went silent, Madelyn and Seth were laying close to each other, still in their wolf form.

The Cullens were in the clearing, waiting for the newborns to arrive. The pack was hiding between the trees, waiting for the right moment to jump into the fight. After a few seconds of waiting, a male newborn ran into their sight, confused at the fact that Bella's scent stopped abruptly. A bunch of newborns followed after him and that's when the vampires decided to act.