The Baby?

Peggy soon tells Steve that she is expecting and he is predictably thrilled. He is constantly gushing about how excited he is. His excitement actually makes Peggy happy that she's pregnant. She knows as long as she has Steve, everything will be just fine.

Lizzie is so happy for them but when they start talking about the baby with each other, she usually finds an excuse to quickly leave the room.

It's too hard to see the parents talk about their baby together when she will never get that. Her baby will always look at their cousin and wonder why they don't have two parents like he or she does.

She wishes for the billionth time that Bucky had never left her to do this all on her own.

Lizzie is five months pregnant when she collapses. Luckily, Steve is in the room so he I able to catch her before she hits the floor. He yells for Peggy as he carries Lizzie to the car and they drive her immediately to the hospital.

When they arrive, Steve tries to get out of the car but Peggy pushes him back in.

"You could get recognized!" Peggy hisses lowly.

He can't believe that she was worried about that at a time like this.

"I don't care! Something is wrong with my sister and nothing is going to keep me from going into that hospital," Steve says.

Luckily, it's not the hospital that Lizzie and his mother used to work at or he would be much more likely to get recognized.

"She wouldn't want you to get caught. I'm going with her, I'll make sure she's okay," Peggy reassures.

They turn and see a medic approaching the car with a gurney. Peggy tries to get him to go back in the car one more time but he holds his ground.

"What happened?" The medic asks.

"My cousin collapsed. She's 20 weeks pregnant," Steve says.

Steve couldn't say that he was her twin because they could easily see in her file who her twin brother is. He decides to go with saying she's his cousin because there is too much of a family resemblance for them not to be related.

Steve helps the medic get Lizzie out of the car and on to the gurney. They both begin fast walking towards the hospital door with a furious Peggy following closely behind him.

"How long has she been unconscious?" The medic asks.

"About twenty minutes," Steve says.

They reach the doors to the examination area and the medic turns to Steve.

"I'm sorry, we can't let you past this point. We'll come get you as soon as we have news," the man says.

Steve is about to protest but acquiesces. The longer he argues, the longer Lizzie goes without treatment. He stands in the hallway and watches as they wheel his twin away.

Peggy is so mad at him for taking this risk but what's done is done. He looks so helpless, he is helpless and Peggy is helpless too. Peggy walks up to Steve and wraps her arms around him in comfort.

They hold on to each other and pray that the person the love most other than each other is okay, because they don't know what they'll do if she isn't.

"Barnes should be here," Peggy whispers.

She can feel Steve sigh against her. Little does she know that he reached out to Howard to put out some feelers to find Bucky. He asked Howard to be as discreet as possible and he has faith in him. If Howard can find him or at least find a general area, Steve is going to get him and bring him home.

In the examination room, Lizzie is just waking up. She's laying on a table and when she opens her eyes, she sees a doctor standing nearby with her chart.

"Ms. Rogers, I'm glad to see you're awake. Your cousin, Grant, brought you in a little bit ago," he says.

Lizzie starts to remember what happened and remembers that she collapsed.

"The baby?" Lizzie asks frantically.

"The baby is fine. Your blood pressure was a little low which caused you to lose consciousness. I would like you to do something if you wouldn't mind. Your file says you once were studying to be a doctor?" The man asks.

"Yes," she says in confusion.

The doctor walks towards her and extends to her a stethoscope.

"Would you put that on?" He asks.

She is puzzled but does as he says. He places the stethoscope to the left side of her belly and she can hear it.

Her baby's heartbeat is one of the best sounds she's heard in her entire life. As she continues listening, her smile drops. She's heard a lot of fetuses' heartbeats but this one is strange. It seems as if there is a second, quieter rhythm playing underneath the baby's heartbeat.

She is terrified that something is wrong with the baby until the doctor moves the stethoscope to the other side and hears the same strong heartbeat reflected on the other side.

"Twins?" Lizzie asks in surprise.

He nods his head with a smile.

"Your file said that you had a twin so it must run in the family," he says.

She sits in silence for a moment in shock. No wonder she was so big, not only was she tiny but there were two of them in there.

She is suddenly fearful because she is worried about their health and safety. Twins are significantly more dangerous than a regular pregnancy.

"Is there anything I should be doing for their health?" Lizzie asks.

He gives her some advice before sending her on her way.

She walks out of the examination room and into the waiting room to find Steve anxiously shaking his leg while Peggy rubbed his back comfortingly.

When he sees Lizzie he jumps up from his seat and rushes over to her before giving her a big hug. He pulls away so he can examine her to make sure she is okay.

"Are you alright? Is the baby alright?," Steve asks.

"Babies," Lizzie corrects with a smile.

It took both Peggy and Steve a moment to understand what she is saying.

"Twins? You're going to have twins?" Steve says in excitement.

She nods and Steve is struck with excitement. Being a twin has been one of the greatest joys of his life. To have that connection to another person who understands you like no other is the best feeling in the world. He is so glad his nieces or nephews are going to get to experience that.

Lizzie is so happy but in that moment, she wishes she could tell Jaime. Even if he wouldn't stick around, she just wanted the opportunity to tell him that he was going to be a father twice over.

How is she going to raise twins on her own?

Steve and Peggy will try to help but they have a baby coming of their own. In the end, raising the twins is going to be all on her.

Steve can see the change in her expression and knows where her head went.

"You know we'll help," Steve says.

"I know, but you're their uncle, not their father. They won't have a father, just a mother," Lizzie says.

They give her sympathetic looks but her jovial mood is ruined.

"Let's go home," she says.

She heads straight up to her room and locks the door behind her. The stress of the day and it's implications finally hits her and she truly breaks down for the first time since Bucky left.

How is she going to do this on her own?