Chapter 8: Gone Again...

I walked into my room and laid down on my bed. Okay, walking out like that may have been a little dramatic... but I swear Five cares more about Delores than me.

I sighed and rubbed my face.

Being jealous of something that isn't even alive is so weird! But I can't help it!

After a few minutes, someone knocks on the door. I already know it's Five.

"Go away!" I called out.

I hear the familiar whoosh sound, "Too late."

I turned to see him standing by the bed.

"Y/N, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said.

He lays down next to me and I rolled over to face the wall.

"Yeah, I don't believe you," he said.

"Five, it's not that big of a deal," I lied.

"I think it is, but you won't tell me," he said as he wrapped his arm around me and rests his head on my shoulder.

He's right. It is. But how can I possibly tell him that I hate his mannequin girlfriend's non-existent guts?

"It's really not a big deal," I lied again.

"I still don't believe you. But it's fine. You'll tell me eventually," he said.

"You're always so sure of yourself," I said.

"Of course, I am," he said snuggling closer to me.

I felt my cheeks heat up. God, I hope he can't see it.

And honestly, I could lay like this all day.

Of course, Luther had to ruin it by walking in, "Sorry for interrupting. But I got the briefcase."

"What's the briefcase for?" I asked.

"We'll explain on the way, "Five said sitting up, "come on."

He helped me up and we followed Luther out to the car.

"So, what's the plan?" I sat up and rested my arms on the back of the front seat as Luther drove.

"Hazel and Cha-Cha will do whatever they can to get the briefcase back," Five said turning to look at me.

"But we don't have the briefcase, Klaus destroyed it," I said.

"I know, that's why we brought this briefcase. Hopefully, they'll buy it and I can get them to call the Handler," Five said.

"It's a good plan," I said.

He nodded, "I already left Hazel and Cha-Cha a message on where to meet us."

I nodded and sat back.

After driving for a little while longer, Luther stopped on the side of the road and Five took off his seatbelt.

He looked out the window and sighed, "you know, I never enjoyed it."

"What?" Luther asked.

Five turned to look at him, "the killing. I mean I was... good at my work, and I... I took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure."

He sighed, "I think it was all those years alone."

I placed my hand on his shoulder and he placed his hand over mine.

"Solitude can do funny things to the mind," he said.

"Yeah, well, you were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough. It's the being alone that breaks you," Luther said.