138

Callum's POV

I was asleep. Or at least I was until Carter started moving around.

One second I was asleep dreaming of Ryder and Liam going at each other and the next I was hit in the face.

I couldn't help but glare as I rubbed my nose while looking down to Carter. I went to ask him what in the hell he was doing but the little bit of anger I had slipped away when I saw he was still asleep.

I was about to brush it off and turn over so he couldn't hit my face again when I noticed he started to thrash again, this time slapping Ryder in the shoulder but he barely seemed to notice.

I look down to Carter again. His eyes were squeezed shut as he panted while hands clenched at his sides.

I curse to myself as I shoved Liam and Ryder, just trying to wake them up.

"What," Liam whined as he tried to roll back over.

"Carter is having a nightmare and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need help." Liam was quick to get up at that with Ryder following behind him.

"What are we going to do then?"

"I'm going to try to shake him awake," I say knowing full well Carter will be pissed at me later but if it meant waking him up, it would be worth it. "When he's awake he might have a panic attack so get ready for Liam to talk him out of it. And then after all of that is done he will need help going back to sleep so Ryder try not to let on to being scared because he's going to want you."

"It feels like a lot of things can go wrong with this plan," Liam groaned but took a seat at the foot of the bed anyway while Ryder sat on the fair side of Liam's bed.

"Yea but this is the best we've got," I say as I go to shake Carter. I expect for him to jump awake the second I touch his arm like he did the first time I woke him up but he only struggles harder in his sleep.

"He's on those new meds," Ryder says as he stares at Carter. "They are supposed to keep him asleep so it will probably take more to wake him up."

I frown at that. I was really hoping I wasn't going to have to do this. My hands go up to his shoulders before attempting to shake him again, this time a lot harder than the first.

It takes some time but relief runs through me when his eyes pop open as he pushes me away and leans into the headboard. He pants harder while the three of us stay quiet, trying to gauge if he was going to have a panic attack or not.

"How are you feeling," Liam asked after a few minutes. Judging by the look on his face he knew how stupid that question was but it was better than nothing.

Carter says nothing as he effortlessly grabbed Ryder by the collar before pulling him over to his lap. His arms wrapped around his small frame as he stared at the bed in a daze.

"Carter," Liam says again after a while. "Do you want to go for a run?" Carter finally looked up to Liam before shaking his head as he leaned back against the bed and rolling over so he was spooning Ryder in the middle of the bed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Carter only shook his head again. "What would help then?"

"I want a movie," he mumbled, still in a bit of a daze. It was almost like he was having trouble grounding. He and Jax must be fighting or something.

I don't know how long we've been asleep for but the TV had already turned off. I managed to scoot off the bed without Carter seeming to mind. Carter hadn't really watched enough movies to have a favorite yet so I went with one of Jax's favorites so at least one of them would feel better before going back to the bed.