Chapter LX - Head First

Bucky chuckled as he strolled into the lab and Lizzie and Tony pulled apart, turning to him.

"She's right Robo-Cop." Bucky wrapped his arms around Lizzie's waist and beamed over at Tony. "But he'd also be annoyed that he hadn't created Iron Man himself. He'd be proud and extremely jealous."

Tony laughed as he returned to the sketches of designs and started to file away the papers for his archives and Lizzie twisted around to face Bucky.

"Hey Doll," he kissed her cheek, making her smile softly, "us time?"

She nodded happily and squealed as he picked her up, throwing her over his shoulder as he strode out of the lab.

"Use protection kids!" Tony shouted causing a fire to burn in Lizzie's cheeks as Bucky's laughter boomed and bounced from the hallway walls.

Bucky ignored everyone who looked at them as he bounded through their home, squeezing her tightly as she laughed through her protests and swatting at her backside when she tried to wriggle out of his hold.

"Stay still Lizzie," he chuckled as she pushed at his back, trying to correct herself and push her head the right way up. "You don't want me to drop you."

He took the stairs two at a time, racing to the room they now shared and kicking the door open.

Evening light streamed into the room through the west facing windows and Bucky dropped Lizzie onto the bed, throwing himself down beside her and pulling her close as he smothered her in playful kisses. She giggled as her arms wrapped around him and his stubble tickled her neck as he nuzzled his face into the nook of her shoulder.

"You're in a good mood tonight?" Lizzie twisted so that she was pressed against him, her fingers tracing patterns across his chest as she wrapped a leg around him.

"Of course I am," he whispered against her neck, "I'm with you." He kissed her softly. "There are no interruptions tonight." He nipped her skin gently, playfully, and smiled at the giggle it pulled from her lips. "And I love you."

Elizabeth pushed against him gently, making him pull away to look at her and she held his face in her hands.

"I love you too James. More than anything." Her eyes followed her fingers as she brushed his hair back from his face and trailed her fingertips along the outline of the dark stubble of his jaw. "I don't tell you that enough."

Bucky smiled softly as she leant in to him, brushing her lips tenderly against his and pulling away again.

"I wasn't done kissing you Halsted," Bucky grinned as he climbed over her, pulling her lips to his with a fervour and desperation that fuelled a fire burning within her.

She held him close to her, her fingers twisting in his hair as his hand gripped her waist, leaving blissfully burning marks against her skin where he held her tight. His lips moved along her jaw, trailing down her neck as a soft moan slipped from her lips and she shivered beneath his touch. She was lost in the bliss of connection as she pulled at his shirt, wanting more, wanting him, when a scratching noise pulled her focus.

"Wait, Bucky wait," her voice was breathy as his lips stilled and his hand now slipped beneath her shirt froze. "What the hell is that noise?" Her head twisted to the door and she felt his grin against her skin before he pulled away from her.

"Dammit Dugan."

Lizzie watched as his eyes twinkled and he raised his eyebrows. He pulled away from her and backed away slowly, his eyes never leaving hers as she pushed herself up on her elbows and followed his every movement.