Vol 2 Chapter 3: A Minor Hiccup

Weiss is patiently waiting out the minute left on her holographic clock displayed from her desk in the classroom of Professor Peter Port, whose dialogue is merely background nonsense as Jaune slides up next to Weiss.

Jaune: "So, Weiss, y'know, uh, I-I was thinking after this, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat?" Turns to the teacher for a second, then turns back around. "And, uh um, I-I've got two tickets to that new Spruce Willis movie, if you wanna make the trip to Vale. I hear it's awesome." Pauses as his words have no effect. "Aaaand maybe after that, we could study together? I mean, you're smart and I'm, uh... Y'know."

Finally, the clock in front of Weiss gives a shrill beep as it changes from 3:59 to 4:00, and she dismisses it with a wave of her hand. The professor is temporarily unaware of the alarm.

Port: Posing as a towering monster about to attack.
"And then I— Oh." Straightens his stance as the students start to leave. "Timed that one wrong, I guess. Well, the stunning conclusion to this story will have to wait. Until next time!"

Jaune: "Watching Weiss as she packs up her Scroll. "Weiss? Did you hear me?"

Weiss: Not even looking at Jaune as she walks away. "No, no, no, yes."

Upon hearing this, Jaune groans and does a faceplant into his desk.

Yang: As the rest of Team RWBY walks out of class behind him, Yang ruffles Jaune's hair without even looking. "One day."

Jaune looks down once again. And Y/n is the last to finally come up to him

Y/n: "You know Jaune, you probably have a better chance at getting a date with me than Ice Queen." He says laughing

Jaune: "Oh shut up!"

———

We are now in Team RWBYs dorm where the girls are dramatically getting ready and Y/n is in the other room waiting for the girls to get ready.

Y/n: "You guys done yet?" He shouts

Ruby: "Yep!"

Y/n walks back into the main room with a bored look on his face.

Y/n: "I thought that would never end."

Ruby: completely ignoring that "Alright, guys, today's the day! The investigation begins!"

Ruby happily leaps off her mattress and onto the floor, arms raised excitedly. She almost lands on Weiss, who is on the bottom bunk.

Weiss: "I'm glad to see we're taking this so seriously." She says sarcastically

Yang: "Hey, we've got a plan! That's... moderately serious."

Y/n: "Wait, we have a plan?"

The group looks at him

Yang: "Yes, we discussed this!"

Y/n: "Uhhh, when was that?"

Blake: "Probably when you where sleeping."

Y/n: "Oh, thanks."

Ruby: "Anyways, you do guys remember your roles?"

Weiss: "You and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other Dust robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem."

Blake: "The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning."