50. Water

^Jimin's POV^

"They're disarmed," Seokjin said. "Even if they were on your side, they wouldn't be able to do anything."

Nighter had his firearm trained on Miyoung's head, ready to shoot if she were to make any sudden moves.

"We must stick to the rules. This country runs on laws, but won't follow them if it doesn't benefit the royals. How selfish. How corrupt," Miyoung retorted. I pursed my lips when she wasn't looking at me, knowing that she was right. The government system we ran on was corrupt since it was established. No ruler had changed the rules for the betterment of the country, only for themselves. Seokjin was a good, more lenient king, but he was also not too different from the past royals- besides his father- when it came to making or following rules.

"GUARDS!" Seokjin's voice boomed. Yugyeom and Jackson ran in, their guns trained at the defenseless army. Taehyung nudged Nighter to put his gun away. Before Seokjin could give another order, Miyoung let out a war cry. She ran towards the king, her dagger back in her grasp. Water from the glasses rose and shot straight towards her. I saw Nighter stifle a laugh when the water harshly hit Miyoung's face, knocking her back to the ground. "Don't even think about it."

"I don't know what's going on, but I like how it's progressing," I heard Jungkook's thoughts. "Jimin, get out of my head. Focus on her."

I held back a smile as I slipped out of his mind and into Miyoung's. She didn't notice, she was too busy wiping the water from her face. My target had to be extremely aware of their conscience in order to feel me slip into their mind. Once I created the telepathic link, I could hear whatever they thought. I wouldn't be able to if they were thinking, and not mentally talking. When overwhelmed in emotions, especially anger, it is most likely that the person mentally speaks to themselves than think.

"I am going to kill them! My husband will be here in three days, and he will destroy the royals. Everything's going according to plan," I heard her thoughts. Yoongi went around the table and stood beside me, holding my hand. I squeezed it in reassurance. I sighed at Miyoung's stupidity. She was most likely going to be sentenced to death for everything she had done.

"Seokjin, let's put them in the cells. Strengthen security just in case more of her people arrive," I said, in a subtle tone that indicated precaution. "We can discuss her fate later."

"Take them away," Seokjin waved to dismiss Yugyeom and Jackson. Jackson grabbed Miyoung while Yugyeom and some other guards, who were called in, guided the conflicting men of the South to the dungeons. I lowered the guns, piling them in the corner of the room.

^Jungkook's POV^

"Drink some water," I said, pouring water from the jug and handing the glass to Taehyung. I helped him sit down, soothingly rubbing his hand as he slumped back into the seat. "Do you need to rest?"

"No, it's fine. I'm not that tired. I need to practice keeping up my stamina," he said.

"Well not now. If you're tired then you should rest. Your body heals faster when asleep," I persisted.

"I'm okay, bun. Don't worry about me," he said, smiling at me. I sighed and looked away, not wanting him to see how shocked I was by his words.

"So what's the plan?" Namjoon asked. "She's here, what do we do?"

"Her husband's going to be coming here with an army I'm guessing. It's all a plan," Jimin replied. "We need to execute her."

"We can't just kill her, Jimin. We have to think it through," Seokjin responded.

"Seokjin, you're doing nothing to improve the situation. Keeping her locked in here is obviously exactly what she wants, and going along with her plan is only going to cause us more trouble," Hoseok spoke up.

"I am not my father. I will not kill someone else," he rebutted.

"Then I'll do it," I said, shrugging. Everyone looked at me. "What? He doesn't want to kill, I don't mind doing it. It'll just be another person. It's not like she's a saint."

"That could work," Jimin said, looking at Seokjin.

"No. You're not killing anyone, Jungkook. No more killing," Taehyung said, my name effortlessly slipping out of his mouth.

"Oh I won't. Nighter will," I corrected. "Someone's got to kill, and I won't mind doing it. That's all I'm saying."

"What if Yoongi takes over the South and controls the place to their doom? We could sign a peace treaty, Yoongi could guide the people to be more on our side rather than against us," Namjoon said.

"That's against the rules. No one can change that, not even the leader," Yoongi cut in. "This isn't going to work. We have only two options."

"Either Yoongi becomes the leader, or we prepare for war," Jimin finished.

"I'm guessing we're going to war?" Taehyung asked.

"We have no other choice," Seokjin responded. "Miyoung was right, I only fight if it benefits us."

"Isn't that the right mindset?" I asked. "You do what benefits your country."

"I do what benefits me and my mates, not the country," he clarified.

"It's okay to be selfish sometimes. You have your desires, there's no harm in doing what's best for the people you care about," I said, trying to cheer everyone up.

Seokjin sighed in exasperation. "I'll figure something out. If we do have to go to war, we all need to train... Except Nighter," he said. I pursed my lips and nodded. Fighting dragons was not my forte, I acknowledged that. I would only get in the way.