Chapter 73: Pillow Talk

Kyra's POV

I didn't spend much time at Nick's after I received Jay's message. I thought it'd rather be better for me to wait for him at home and welcome him warmly than having him looking for me after having such a long day.

Nick had offered to drop me off, but I thought it'd be inappropriate to drag him along with me leaving Kylie all by herself in his apartment. I called my chauffeur instead who picked me up half an hour later after being delayed in traffic.

Nick had packed some assorted cookies for Jay and I in a red snowflake cookie tin. Kylie had confirmed they were delicious since she had already munched on some. I wanted to have them with my husband and enjoy them with him. There were some of his favourites in the tin.

When I got home, I met Martha first in the main lounge, holding a tray with a jar of water and a water glass. She was coming from upstairs and she looked disturbed.

"Thank God you're finally here, Kyra. Is everything okay? Did something happen to Jayden?" Martha asked me worriedly.

I stopped walking and turned to Martha, hoping she'd tell me about Jayden. "Why? Is he home yet?" I asked her, looking around for him. He was nowhere in sight.

"He came in a few minutes ago looking for you. He's in your bedroom and he went crazy when he couldn't find you here. I'm sorry I forgot to call you. I got distracted by his behaviour."

That was unexpected. I had told him earlier in the day that I'd be with Nick for lunch.

"I told him earlier that I would be with Nick. I also told you where to find me in case I wasn't here first. Did you tell him?"

Martha nodded. "I told him and that's when he stopped looking for you."

I sighed frustratedly. What on earth was going on through his mind?

"I should go up and see him. Please make us something nice to eat. Make dessert as well, preferably something sweet he likes."

Martha looked at me with soft eyes and she gave me a small smile that reflected care and worry. "Did you two have a fight?"

"No. He had media issues. I'll explain everything once we've settled down."

"Sure, Kyra. Please take your time together and relax. You'll both be fine."

"Thanks, Martha. I really need it. Here," I said, putting the cookie tin on the tray, "These are from Nicholas. We'll have them later."

"Sure. I'll put them somewhere safe. Call me if you need anything. I'll be at your service."

"Thanks, Martha. You're amazing."

"Come on, Kyra. Now go upstairs before the situation gets even worse. Give him a big hug and tell him you love him. He'll feel better in no time."

I closed my eyes and nodded with a smile on my face. Everything else would fail, but my love for him would never fail me.

I ascended the stairs and went straight to our bedroom. I didn't know what to think or what to expect. It was always a package of surprises every single day so I just had to be prepared for anything.

I opened the door quietly and peeked into the room to see if he was in the bedroom or in the bathroom. He was there, sitting on our huge and comfortable bed.

His feet were on the carpeted floor and he hung his head low supported by his elbows that rested on his laps, his face buried in his hands. He normally did this when he was stressed out and it made my heart ache for him.