Chapter 54: Only the Beginning

~~~

The two of them locked their eyes with one another. Both were in near-top condition to fight and were ready to fight each other if it comes to that.

"Where is Satsuki-san?!" Yelled Lee, his voice reaching the valley. Naruto continued to look at him. He then answered his question.

"She's not here. If you want to get to her, you'll have to get through me." He only had to stall for just enough time so Satsuki would have enough distance so she would reach her destination even if Naruto lost.

But he had no intention of losing whatsoever. A month ago, Naruto would without a doubt lose to someone as powerful as Rock Lee.

However, times have changed and Naruto has grown in power as well. And luckily, he had gotten a pair of contact lenses to assist him.

"I see! Well then, I shall defeat you and get Satsuki-san!" In that moment, the two jumped down from their respective statues, gliding down the air. Landing on the ground, they jumped down once more.

Falling down on the reflective water, they began to dash towards each other at frightening speeds. And in a blur, Naruto and Lee clashed fists, a thunk following their clash.

Naruto maneuvered his arm and took grasp of Lee's arm. Using it as way for Naruto to launch himself right behind Lee.

Now in the air right behind Lee, Naruto unsealed his blade, letting lightning chakra course through the blade. The tendrils sparkling as Naruto threw it at Lee.

Moving to the side, Lee had dodged Naruto's blade without second thought.

Or did he?

Lee widened his eyes, feeling the slight shock from the lightning that was being mixed with the water, spreading the power of his lightning affinity.

Naruto pulled his arm, the blade that was being sunk within the depths of the water was pulled up to the surface by a single thread of wire strings. Landing on the part of the water that his lightning affinity did not reach, he saw Lee disappear in the blink of an eye.

Feeling the air rush from behind, Naruto ducked below, dodging a sonic kick by the one and only Rock Lee. Another kick came his way, swooping from the air as Naruto was still ducked down.

Creating a clone right next to him, Naruto got snatched up by the clone so he could avoid getting a direct hit. The two felt the rush of adrenaline that was coursing through their veins.

Naruto leaped at Lee, channeling chakra to his fists. Naruto appeared behind Lee, his fist brimming with pure power. But, just before, Lee disappeared from Naruto's sight and appeared behind Naruto instead.

Predictable. Naruto thought, suddenly pivoting his turn and ducked below, dodging a punch. With his previous still being powered by his chakra, Naruto struck Lee in the abdomen.

Sending Lee flying a few meters away from him, Naruto followed up by unsealing his dagger. Throwing the dagger as Lee slowly got up.

His eyes locking at the dagger, he twisted his body to the left, dodging the dagger. Lee then saw Naruto run towards the walls of stone that were far from their side.