Chapter 25 - Final Decision

《Your POV》

"It's about time!" Childe impatiently said as you and Scaramouche walked back into your house, dripping from the rain, "Man, you two are so dramatic. What is this, a romance novel??"

Scaramouche scoffed at him, "You're just jealous that I have a lover and you don't." He sounded mature, but his face showed how childish his intent really was.

"I do too!" Childe snapped back, acting as if he was a 7 year old competing with a sibling over something stupid.

"Yeah? Who?" He smirked.

Childe looked away awkwardly, "Uhh.."

"Exactly." Scaramouche sat down in one of the chairs at your table. It squeaked a bit, after all, this furniture had been in your family for generations.

As much as you were enjoying the liveliness, you really needed to get to work. There were many flaws in the plan you'd all come up with, so it was important to map out several backup plans, in case anything went wrong.

The group decided to go with the story that Scaramouche was faking a relationship with you to gather information. It seemed the most excusable out of all of the options. Though it sounded quite tame, one wrong move and your cover would be blown.

You had to convince the Tsaritsa that Scaramouche wasn't actually in love with you, which meant you would get to see the side of him everyone else sees.

In all honesty, you were really nervous. The mere thought of him behaving that way towards you scared you, even when you knew he would just be acting. Although you were frightened, you were also somewhat interested. You'd never seen the full potential of his "bad personality". You were quite curious actually.

After taking the time to thoroughly discuss your plan, the three of you had decided what to do.

Scaramouche nearly placed a piece of paper into an envelope, "This is the new letter we'll send back to the Tsaritsa, it addresses the situation."

"You know," Childe took the letter as Scaramouche handed it to him, "By doing this, you're directly disobeying your Archon."

He glared at him, "She's not technically my Archon."

You folded your arms, coming to a realization, "Oh that's right, you're from Inazuma," you'd almost forgotten, "How come you're in the Fatui then?"

Scaramouche didn't even look towards you to respond, "It's a long story."

There was still so much you didn't know about him, you'd come to realize that. Perhaps along with it, was painful memories that he'd rather not disclose to others. You couldn't blame him, after all, you had a similar situation.

The plan was, Childe would deliver the letter to the Tsaritsa in Snezhnaya while Scaramouche had business in Liyue. You would accompany him as a "dangerous prisoner" that needed to be under his watch 24/7. That way, if the Tsaritsa was still suspicious, the two of you would travel to Snezhnaya and prove to her you weren't in love.

It sounded simple, but in actuality, you were frightened. If the plan didn't work out, it would be the end of you. You wouldn't be able to fulfill your late mother's dream, you'll never be able to surpass the traveler in skills, you won't ever get to see Mondstadt again.

So why were you doing it? Because of Scaramouche of course. Even though you knew you shouldn't tempt fate to throw away your current life simply for a man, you couldn't help it. You loved him, even if it ended with both of you being executed, in the moment, it sounded like a peaceful way to go.