Chapter 21

Ananya Prasad

"Don't look at me like that. I am not the one who insisted on this deal. Your father insisted on this so that your sister won't have any trouble with this marriage. He was sure that my family won't let this marriage happen. He made this deal so that my family cannot stop this marriage. The legal documents are already in court, so no one can stop the consequences of this marriage doesn't happen. He did it in such a way that my family can't turn their back on your sister as well as this deal gives financial support to your sister so that she doesn't have to depend on me or my family" he fumed at me.

"Now your sister ruined her own marriage and left everyone in this chaos. So stop your drama of being me your sister's love and so you don't want to marry me. Cut all this crap, get ready and come to the mandap if you don't want your family to pay", he commanded me and left the room.

I just stood there gaping and realized that I don't have any choice other than to marry the devil.

I don't know how much time I stood there like that. I came back into the world when Sid hugged me. I don't remember how many hours I cried and he consoled me. Once my crying is done, Sid and I just sat there without talking. Srikanth didn't even come inside, I know he is feeling guilty.

"Can we run away?" I asked Sid after some time.

I know what will happen after this marriage. Sharanya will come after her shooting and I have to get a divorce. This whole marriage is pointless. And also Sharanya and I will never be on even talking terms. She will hate me forever. I will lose my sister again because of him. Sid understood my feelings.

"If you want to run away, I will help you. But do you want to really?" he asked me softly.

"The Ananya I know will never run away from her problems. She will face it. You know I will always support you no matter what."

It is almost 8 PM and the marriage has to start in a couple of hours. Just then my mom entered the room.

"Pinky, Lakshmi asked to change the marriage time to 2 AM. She went to Delhi just now", my mom told me.

"Listen Pinky, I know you are angry with me. I am sorry that it is happening like this", she left my room.

Sid and I sat in the room and my cousins joined me after some time. No one spoke anything. We all slept there like that. My mom woke all of us and asked me to come to my room. I looked at the watch. It is midnight. Just two hours for my destruction.

When I entered my room Kavya and Lakshmi Aunty are already there.

"Ananya, I am sorry that you have to get married in this situation to the man you don't love. We can't do anything about it. You are saving both our families. I don't want to insult you further by asking you to wear your sister's wedding dress. It is insulting enough to ask you to marry your sister's fiancée", she explained to me softly.

She then handed me a bag and told me, "This is the wedding dress and some jewelry of my mother-in-law, Golu's grandmothers'. I know this is also another woman's dress. But it is better than wearing your sister's wedding dress. I can understand how you feel about this marriage. I don't want you to feel like you are snatching your sister's life. I want you to know that you are my daughter and I want you to feel welcome in the family. Please wear this dress."

So this is the reason she postponed the marriage. She went to Delhi just to get this dress. I am touched by her gesture. I looked at the lehenga. It is a very beautiful blood-red lehenga with gold embroidery. I am worried that it might not fit me. I looked at the jewelry. It is a simple emerald necklace with matching earrings.