25. Isaiah

Chapter 25: Isaiah

—London.

They say that love makes you blind, that hope is weakness, but since the day they walked into my life, I've felt nothing but powerful and insightful. They showed me things that I never believed possible, they gave my life sense after I had lost everything and if I survived so far, it was because of the love they fed me.

But as I laid there in between Victor and Arrow, all I could think about were the number of other things they kept from me. Wondering, how much they knew about me and decided to keep to themselves.

The clock decorating the left wall indicated to 3 a.m, which means we had dinner exactly 6 hours ago. Victor came to interrupt our little make out session with Milo, before we all went to dinner together.

Milo.

A smile stretches across my lips at the thought of him, bringing my fingertips to it, I could still feel the faint taste of him on my mouth.

All I could think about at the moment was the way his eyes wrinkle whenever he smiles. My memories bring me to the day after Toby marked him, when he surprised us all by showing up on our doorstep with that bottle of champagne, willing to die for his brothers.

I should have known that day that he had nothing of weakness in his bones. He was strong, probably stronger than my husbands altogether. I have no doubt that they would lay down their lives if it came down to saving me, but he was different.

He was willing to give out his life for his siblings then he fought against all odds to save the man who wanted him dead the most. What kind of strength does it take to do something so ballsy?

A grunt on my left tears me out of my mind of thoughts and I look over at Victor's sleeping form, Elijah's words play again in my head and my mood drops again.

I lift my fingers instinctively to caress his face, the sparkles are still there but so is rage, he hid things for me, things that concern me and my past, also things that could've gotten me killed and he had the audacity to blame Milo for everything.

I sigh deeply and sit up, making sure not to wake them up; I slip out of the bed and exit the room in my boxers only. I open the door next to us gently, careful not to make any sounds and smile again when I see Milo and Toby snuggling on the bed.

They look so precious and innocent, I could get used to the sight of Milo wrapped inside Toby's arms like that. I could never imagine Toby being intimidating but it was amusing how the little human acted so shy around him... He tries to hide it behind his sassy comebacks and stupid bravery but the colors on his cheeks and his wandering eyes always give him away.

"Are you going to keep staring like a creep or join us?" Toby speaks with closed eyes, snuggling his nose in the human's hair.

"Did I wake you up?" I whisper in the dark and shut the door close before joining them, laying behind Milo and spooning his body.

"I couldn't sleep anyway..." Toby opens his eyes, looking at me then at Milo's face that's buried in his chest.

"What's keeping you up?" I bite my bottom lip and caress his forearm gently, anticipating his answer.

"Malcolm..." He spats with so much hatred and I wince at that... I completely forgot about him.

"He won't harm you baby, he would have to go through all of us." I reassure him but he shakes his head.

"I am not scared of him, he could kill me for all I care." I frown at his choice of words but he continues. "I can't let him take Milo, London! I have been the happiest since I marked him." He confesses with tears building in his eyes.