(56) Sick

Valentina's POV:

It's been three days since all my cousins and Rafael with their families went back home to secure their mafias. I miss them.

Micheal and Mady left with Rafael and their family to help him. Micheal was very firm about this being his responsibility as well. It's his job towards his mafia and his brother who happens to be the Don. Mady absolutely agreed with him. They're gone for only a week as Louis didn't want them to miss school for long.

Morning..

I forgot to put the blinds yesterday before going to sleep so now before Elijah had a chance to wake me up the sun did.

This is the worst way to wake up. I'm already so sleepy and those sun rays are hurting my eyes. Like legit beaming into me.

I groan and sit straight in my bed and I felt this intense sudden pain in my head making my wince. I hold my head and press it to try to ease the pain.

The pain was very uncomfortable. It all felt so dizzy and heavy. I opened my eyes and it felt like everything was moving. I blinked a few times to adjust my eyes to my surroundings.

"God what the hell?", I whisper to myself and fall backwards down on the bed.

I hid my face in my pillow and try to concentrate on anything other than the pain in my head and now in my eyes. How can eyes pain? Ugh.

I heard a knock on my door and then I heard Elijah's voice.

"Hey bambina wake up. You have school", Elijah said softly.

I nod my head with my face still hidden in the pillow to let him know I'm awake.

"Good. Come down soon and don't go back to sleep please", Elijah said and left my room.

I decided to go down and have some food and then probably I'll feel better. I pull myself out of the bed and sway for a bit clutching the drawer next to my bed.

I walk towards the bathroom and do my business and then head downstairs to eat something.

I walked all the way till the stairs with eyes half closed and my face scrunched in pain as my head felt like it was pounding.

I safely reach downstairs and it made me wonder about how can I make it down without falling when I'm weak and bang my butt at every step during my brightest days.

I'm a weirdo.

I walk towards the kitchen slowly and see everyone already there probably waiting for me.

"Oh there you are", Xavier smiled looking at me.

"Good morning!", Enzo said happily while cooking.

I couldn't even reply. The weakness was too much to handle.

"Wow you look like a zombie", Matteo frowned looking at my face.

Everyone looked up at me after that to see what Matteo meant.

"Feel like one too", I manage to mutter.

"What happened?", Dad asked concerned.

"I don't know. I feel - ", I started speaking when I pause and felt the utmost need to puke my guts out.

I put a hand on my mouth and sprinted towards the downstairs bathroom and reached on time to puke everything into the toilet. It was disgusting and hurtful to my throat.

God knows how much I threw up.

I was coughing hard when I realised someone was rubbing my back soothingly. I turn a bit and saw it was Ales. His face held a worried expressions. Behind him stood Dad and Sav equally worried. The rest behind them.