~ Chapter - 12 ~

- I L A R I A - 

"I'm home!" I yelled when I reached home. School was fun today, just like it used to be when Kevin was here.

"We can see that. You don't need to shout." Xander shouted from the living room. What's his problem? He just have to comment on everything I do.

But I know there is no point in answering him so I just went to my room and changed. I did my hair neatly and put on my best clothes. Aunt Lina will come any minute and she always look for faults in everything especially me. How I look, how I talk, how I laugh, what I wear, what I eat, literally everything. It's so frustrating. She just keep making mean comments and then laugh them off as a joke. I sighed and put on my lip balm. I don't know how to use makeup at all. I tried learning some from Youtube but it turned out to be a total disaster. 

"Aria! Honey come downstairs! See your Aunt is here." Mom called. I checked my appearance one last time in the mirror and went downstairs.

"Hi Auntie!" I smiled and hugged her. 

"Oh my you have grown so much Ilaria! But looks like you still don't know how to put on makeup. Even Olivia knows it." She said mockingly. I forced a smile. Olivia is just 10, isn't it a little too early for her to use makeup and all? 

"It's fine actually. She's focusing on her studies and games more." Mom said. Aunt Lina frowned and rolled her eyes. She turned to my brothers and hugged them all.

"Well well you all look so good." She said enthusiastically. What the hell? They are wearing their casual clothes and they are looking good and I spent 20 minutes to get ready yet all she noticed is my makeup?

Blatant Favoritism.

Oliver and Olivia were already messing up the living room and stuffing snacks in their mouths. This is why I called them brats. They didn't even bothered to greet us. All of us sat in the living room while Aunt Lina kept rambling about her amazing children. I was getting really bored so I decided to text Kiara.

You
Hey! Are you free?

Kiara
Hi!
Yeah, why?

You
Maybe we can hangout?

Kiara
Yeah sure.
Let's go to the mall?
Carmella wants to come too.

You
Cool. We will meet in half an hour.

Kiara
K :)

"It's not good to use phone so much, Ilaria. It can affect your eyesight." Aunt Lina said. I turned it off and put it inside my pocket.

"I was just replying to my friend, Aunt. We're going to the mall in half an hour." I said, trying my best not to sound bratty.

"What? We just came to visit you guys and you want to hangout with your friends?" She said overdramatically. 

"It's okay Lina. What will she do here anyway? Let her go." Mom said before I could answer. I flashed a smile at her. My Mom is the best. Oliver and Olivia kept eating my head with their silly questions before it was finally time for me to leave.

- A U S T I N - 

"Where are you two going?" I asked Kiara and Carmella.

"To the mall. Aria wanted to hangout today." Kiara said. 

"Okay. I can drive you if you want." I said. I don't want them to go alone because they will definitely be late. 

"No, we'll manage." Carmella said.

"No. I mean I had to go to the mall too so I can give you a ride." I lied.

"Oh really? Or you are just being protective brother?" She asked teasingly.

"Whatever you think sister. But I'm coming with you and that's final." I said rolling my eyes playfully. 

"Yeah you are-" She started her rant but a doorbell saved me. I quickly went to open the door without wasting a second. Ilaria was there with her bright smile. She's such a sweet and bright kid. I was so angry and shocked when Carmella told me about how her siblings treat her.

"Hi!" She said. 

"Hey. Come in." I smiled. She nodded and came in. Afterwards, we headed for the mall. Aria was continuously telling us about her love for books. Carmella was hella bored but I was enjoying it a lot. Books surely are stress-relievers. They take you to a different world. A world where there is hope. A world where there is a happy ending to everything. 

We reached the mall and splitted into two groups, me and Aria in one and Carmella and Kiara in another because they wanted to have pizza while we wanted ice-cream.

"Which one do you want?" Aria asked me. 

"Chocolate." I said.

"Aha, I love chocolate too." She said smiling cheekily. She took our ice-creams and handed one to me. 

"Aria, will you mind if I ask you something?" I asked.

"No, go on." She said.

"Why don't you just stop talking to your siblings if they behave like jerks to you?" I asked. She looked at me for a moment before answering. 

"Because they're my family and no matter what happens, your family is always there for you at the end." She said. 

"Then consider us as family too." I said.

Hi Guys!
How are y'all?

I hope you liked the chapter. Tell me in the comments.
What do you think of Austin?

Thank you for 2K+ reads and 100+ votes. Thank you to everyone for reading and voting. 

Question of the chapter- What did BabyCorn asked MamaCorn?
(This is kinda stupid but try answering 😅)

Stay safe and happy!

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support -

💙