26. Manipulation

Chapter 26: Manipulation

"I, Isaiah Ghoul...Challenge you Victor Montgomery to the title of head of the house."

Everyone stands still at those words. Victor and Arrow stared at each other with distraught, all color leaving their faces as they realized the meaning behind those words.

He knows.

The fact that he used his birth name, it meant he knows everything and that wasn't what scared Victor the most, but the fact that he will use his lineage to challenge his authority.

"London..." Victor steps in after breaking the staring contest with Arrow, ready to deny anything his husband might have heard.

"It's Isaiah for you." He cuts him off, postponing his identity crisis for later and deciding to deal with the liar in front of him first.

"I just wanted to protect you..." Victor sighs, shoulders slumping as he finally let's go of the weight that had been resting on his shoulders for quite a while.

"Protect me?" The Dark Fairy chuckles humourlessly and throws the pan to the sink aggressively before pinning his husband to the fridge. "Protect me from what exactly?" He spats harshly and shrugs Arrow's hands off of his arm.

"By hiding my true identity from me?" Darkness starts to swim inside his eyes, after staying up all night thinking about all the different scenarios of facing him, he thought he'd be calmer but the reality was far from that and his aura was unleashing. "Or by sending me away and blaming the human for it?"

"How was I supposed to know they were powerful enough to track you down?" Victor bites back, putting his hands on London's to control his wrath, yet all he did was fuel it furthermore.

"Then why don't you fucking come clean and admit that you," London looks at Victor's chest for emphasis, "fucked up, instead of blaming Milo for your shit."

"Don't you dare bring him into this." Victor's breathing gets uneven as he closes his eyes and struggles to keep his anger in check.

"Why?" London chuckles fanatically, tilting his head to the side and pulling Victor to push his back against the refrigerator harsher. "Speak."

"Because!!" Victor's yell resonates through the house, waking up the light fairy as he resists London's push. "Because..." He repeats again on a calmer tone, the red flashing through his eyes as he stares at Milo who was looking at the scene with bulging eyes and shaking arms.

They just loved to drag him into their drama.

"Because if it weren't for him," he confesses while staring at the human then back at his husband. "I wouldn't have screwed up so much...." He admits dejectedly and looks down.

"We all know he had nothing to do with your mistakes..." Toby's voice catches up from the kitchen entrance.

"He had the idea to challenge London and you supported the plan!" Victor accuses while staring at Milo intently.

"How fucking dare you?" Toby moves his shoulder from the doorframe and steps in between the two of them, his small frame almost disappearing between the two of them. "I didn't know I would be putting them in grave danger by doing so!"

"But you wanted him to fall for the petty human, you were ready to give them time alone just to keep your slut." He smirks at the Light Fairy but before he could rejoice in the hurt flashing through Toby's eyes, his head was tilted to the side by the harsh slap.

"Call him that again.... " Toby points an accusing finger at Victor, his hands were shaking and tears were streaming down his face.

"It's okay Toby," London steps in to pull Toby away by the shoulders, it ached him to see what they have become but he wasn't going to step aside and watch the relationship go down the drain.