Chapter 15: ʟᴏsᴇ ʜɪᴍ

I wish I could remember every second we had

I know I tried to count 'em all

One by one, one by one

But you don't get 'em back, you don't get 'em back

Take every memory we've ever had, oh

I wanna live 'em all

One by one, one by one

"Lose you now": Lindsey Stirling & Mako

It was late, past 10 pm. My motel room was a mess. Clothes spread everywhere as I was folding them into my luggage.

My two remaining days were over and in the morning had to leave this room that somehow ended being my home for the past weeks.

I was about to give up and continue in the morning to finally go to bed when my phone rang.

Incoming call from Zane...

Why would he call me? After all these weeks?

I debated for a few seconds if answering was a good idea but I thought that I needed my closure. If I was leaving, I had to at least say my goodbye so that I don't regret it later.

"Hello?" I asked my voice small.

There was no answer for a few seconds and then a cough came.

"Angel *chough* I need your *chough* help *chough*" My heart began to beat fast. Something was wrong.

"Zane, what is wrong?" I asked worried. What happened to him? Was he hurt? Why would he cough like that?

"I got shot *chough* I don't know how much *chough* time I have I'm at the warehouse *chough* we passed by *chough* when *chough* we went to the waterfall" His words made me froze. Something stirred inside of me. Fear of losing him?

Then I finally understood his words. He got shot! He's hurt! I was beginning to panic.

"Don't call the police *chough* come alone" He barely managed to say.

"Angel...if I don't make it, I'm sorry and I like you."

No, no, no, no, no!

"I'll be there, hang on, you hear me? Don't you dare leave me!" There was no response.

I freaked out and before I knew what I was doing I was already grabbing a cab and telling the driver where to go.

Staying at a motel had advantages like this one. There was always an available cab nearby.

I was shaking not because I was in pajamas which had a thin fabric but because I was scared. Afraid that I'll get late and then I'll never forgive myself.