27

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

Jahseh walked in the empty bedroom. He look around, a frown plastered on his face. He was at his soon to be apartment looking around with his aunt. So far, he wasn't liking it nor enjoying it. He just felt iffy about moving so suddenly with no plan. He felt as though things were going to go wrong and he didn't like that his grandfather was paying for all this.

He was grown, had a job and made money. So, how come he wasn't paying it? That's what he was iffy about, he just didn't like the idea at all.

"So, do you like it?" Jayla asked walking in the room. She clutch on her purse, looking around the empty room. It was big in her eyes, a 738 square foot apartment with one bed and one bath was big enough for a teen. He didn't need anything expensive since it was only him.

Jahseh shrugged his shoulders, "It's really nothing to like." He muttered with no emotion. He had no emotion about all of this. Jayla roll her eyes then proceeded to take out the papers from her purse.

"There's so much to like about it. It's huge for one, you can put a lot of things in here. It's only $1,395 and it's also pet friendly, so you can get a pet if you want." Jayla described the housing to him in an excited tone. She look back at Jahseh seeing the same expression on his face.

She sigh, "You know teenagers would he happy to be on their own. They don't have to live underneath their parents roof anymore and can follow their own rules. Your able to be on your own and not live with your manipulative father and you have no emotion behind it. You should be happy-"

"I get it auntie." Jahseh cut her off. "You hate my dad and want to prove to him how he should take care of his kid. I get it, you don't need to keep reminding me." he added, shaking his head.

"I'm missing school, so can we go now?" He asked, over all of it.

Jayla sigh, "Yeah."

"I love it when she say, it's cool, I got it, I got it, I got it

"I love it when she say, it's cool, I got it, I got it, I got it. I love it when she say, it's cool I got it, I got it, I got it." Blu muttered the lyrics to the song as it played on her TV.

She scrolled through Instagram, Jahseh laying on her stomach. She used her hand, brushing his waves towards her. Her phone started ringing and she smile answering the FaceTime call.

"Bitch, guess what!" Angel exclaimed once she call connected.

"What?" Blu asked in the same tone as her.

"He took me on a carnival date." Angel told her, squealing afterwards.

Blu chuckled, "Aww, is he the one or what?" She asked.

Two weeks had went by and Angel and Blu had gotten closer. Actually, Angel ended up dropping Kaycee as her friend and her and Blu started hanging with each other. It didn't take long for them to connect with each other since they had a lot in common. The both of them played basketball and was planning on joining the team at school.

Not only that, but Angel enjoyed Blu vibe. She was always happy and having fun with Blu. Never in those two week time period have Blu made her feel bad about herself. They both enjoyed each other's presence and we're going to be good friends for sure.

"Okay, so imma little stuck cause he's so cute and a good guy. He's respectful, caring and just overall amazing. But, I don't want it to seem like I'm just choosing him just to make a fool out of him. If you get what I'm saying." Angel spoke and Blu nodded her head, understanding.

"Yeah, it's like the popular girl choosing the nerdy boy for a bet or something like that. But, if you let him know that it's not like that then there shouldn't be-" Blu sentence was cut off when Jahseh took her phone out her hand.

"Angel, I'm sorry, but Blu gotta go. I'm trying to make her cream and your interrupting." Jahseh said, Blu mouth dropping open.

"Ahh, okay, I'm sorry. Imma leave y'all to y'all business, Blu we'll talk at school. See you boo!" Angel said before hanging up the phone. Jahseh handed Blu back the phone then laid back on her stomach.

"Jahseh..." she said his name and he ignored her. She smack his head and he smack his lips, looking at her.

"Yes, love?" He asked her.

"Why you'd say that?" She asked him and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Ion know, I didn't want hear it right now." He told her, she squinted her eyes at him noticing something was wrong.

"Babe, what's wrong? You should be happy today since you got your apartment." She said, he let out a small sigh getting off her and laying on his back.

"I mean I didn't get it, I'm just waiting to be approved for it." He muttered and she nodded her head.

"Okay, but I'm sure your going to get it and that's great. Your going to be on your own and you won't have to live with your father. That's something you should be happy about." She said, nudging his shoulder.

Jahseh shook his head, "Yeah, but I'm not happy about it." He confessed.

"And why not?"

"Because...it seems like everything is moving so fast like too damn fast. I always planned on moving out when I got the opportunity, using my own money and shit. For it to just be handed to me without me working for it just doesn't sit right with me. I don't know why, but it just doesn't." He explained.

"Yeah, but you gotta look on the brighter side babe..." she paused climbing on top of him. "...you'll be away from your father. The same man that hurts you, manipulate you and cause you so much pain. You don't wanna be around him, do you?" she asked.

He let out a sigh, "Nah."

"Exactly, I know things probably seem like it's going fast, but it's okay. I'm going to be right here with you, every step of the way." She told him giving him a smile.

"Aight, I guess I'll be happy about it. It's gonna take me awhile to get use to it though. It's pretty big though."

"Yes...yes, it is." Blu muttered to herself, Jahseh squinted his eyes at her.

"I feel like we're talking about two different things."

"We are."