07. The Attack

It was another normally hellish day for everyone as they woke up early for the quirk training.

As everyone minded their own business as their quirk revolved around them, Y/n decided to just stand to the side, crossed her arms and observed like how she usually does in the barracks.

While doing so, she may have caught the attention of the sole little boy in the training camp as he made big strides with his small legs until he finally reached her.

"They said you're already a hero." The boy glared at her with his mightiest and meanest.

Y/n turned her head down at him and and hummed. "Yes, I recently recieved my hero license last month." She explained and knelt down on one knee, smiling at him. "You hate heroes?"

Kota didn't have the heart to answer her, thinking that she might find it offensive so he just decided to clench his fist and glare. Ironically, being a clear indication that he does hate heroes.

"Why? Do you want to be a villain?"

"Heroes and villains are idiots. I hate all of them, trying to show off themselves even if they're weak. They're just a bunch of people trying pretending to be saviors and wannabes. Pretending to be right when they hurt and kill each other." He spat, his temper was quite short, but Y/n was used to Bakugo's temperament so she didn't feel offended.

She simply smiled and patted his capped head. "Your insight is quite true. Killing can'tbe justified with duty" In fact, he's a realistic child. The most normal person she's ever met who didn't seem to acknowledge the concept of hero and villains.

Although some wanted to abolish that belief, but to cause havoc towards the innocent is plain stupidity.

"But you know, fighting for something always gives me satisfaction that at least when I continue on, there's going to be a change." She started. "I've always been told by someone I know, that dying in the battlefield is better than being ignorant of the real meaning of freedom."

"Why? Do you feel free when you're a hero?" Kota asked.

"Yes and no." Y/n smiled a little again. "Yes because I can freely mobilize and help through the city without being told that I shouldn't. I could also lecture some heroes who act up and could tell them to 'fuck off' when they needed to be. I can do much than before I was an unauthorised student." She enumerated her do's as if reciting a certain passage.

Kota stared at her with a weirded expression while the girl said that with a straight and serious face.

"Also, no, because there's still restriction when you're a licensed hero." Y/n added.

"You don't make sense." The boy crossed his arms and glared away.

"It will soon make sense." Y/n responded. "Well, unless you don't want it to." She shrugged.

"You're weird." Kota felt a rush of blood came up to his face as he looked at her again. Her e/c eyes were like crystals when the light hit them the more he observed. It felt like she was a goddess but he would never admit that.

"Am I?" She turned back at him. "Isn't weirdness one of the definition of unique. Which means, you are too." She pointed at him childishly.

But that little smile on her lips really made the little boy feel helpless. So much he felt like he'd explode. "You're weird!" Kota shouted again, now louder that made the other students turned to him while the boy turned away from an astonished Y/n and ran off carrying a tomato face with him.

"H-huh?" Unknown what to feel at that situation. Watching the boy disappearing into her sight until there was no traces of him but his small footprints.