EIGHTY

- Chapter Eighty -
"Ooh, love, Ooh, loverboy."

(A/N: here we go, 3500 word chapter to go with the gif

(A/N: here we go, 3500 word chapter to go with the gif. you're welcome.)

Elladora was still in a daze of confusion when she reached the Gryffindor Common Room portrait hole, suddenly very tempted to turn back around and find somewhere else to go when she realised that Remus was in there. Her stomach jumped more violently than ever at the thought of him now that Madam Pomfrey had explained what she was feeling and why she was feeling it. The last thing Elladora wanted to do was explore dangerous territory, she didn't know anything about this love thing, was she meant to act on it or not? Would that make the feeling in her stomach go away? Pomfrey had only told her that she was in love with Remus before explaining how he looked at her weirdly before she had dismissed her.

"Are you going in or not?" The voice of the Fat Lady snapped her out of her mind as she stared at the portrait .

"No." Elladora shook her head, turning away with her mind made before turning back around again with the thought that it was James' celebration in mind. "Actually, yeah, wait no. I should really hang out with James, but I don't want to be awkward. No, yes, no...yes. Mighty Sword."

With a roll of her eyes, the Fat Lady swung open to reveal hopefully the last Gryffindor party of the year, Elladora reckons she had done enough dancing about in there and didn't know if se could deal with another cluster of sweaty bodies for that school year. She hung back a moment, just staring at the students with wide eyes, she should just act natural right? Nothing's happened, she just realised something which changed her whole perspective of one of her best friends and was affecting her thoughts.

Now, she feared what her thoughts were. It was like a war was raging on inside her own head. She didn't know what to say...what to do...does she tell him? Does she not? James had said how in love with Lily he was and constantly asked her out but Lily hadn't said yes until this year and Elladora's last date didn't go so well. Plus, she doesn't think she's actually felt any attraction to Remus apart from the weird butterflies but maybe she just hadn't realised that she was attracted to him? She hated this and was very tempted to cry and break down like a toddler.

She knew nothing about love, was it even love? She's heard people use the word like before, Ernie had used it to explain his attraction so maybe she didn't love Remus but liked him instead. But of course she liked him, they were best friends. So why had Ernie used it romantically, was there a difference between love and like or was Ernie just being odd? She liked Sirius, she liked James and she liked Peter so why should it be different for Remus unless she loved him...which she didn't know how to do.

The Fat Lady was a lot more calmer with her that evening as even just taking one look at her, someone could tell the flurry of emotions going through her eyes. Elladora was still debating whether to enter or not. She can't tell Remus, it wouldn't be fair because she doesn't know how to love someone. Does she just carry on like they were but as...partners? The thought was unnerving but with a deep breath, she set forward into the party and felt the portrait swing shut with a thud behind her.