eight

That was when I heard someone knock. Just like that, my seven minutes in the closet with this nightmare was over. Thank god. As I got out, I could see that Astra and Kelsey were laughing their asses off.

"What?" I demanded. "What's funny?"

"Nothing." Kelsey replied. "Did you enjoy your seven minutes with the guy who's supposedly trying to prank us or whatever."

"Stop making fun of me." I whispered. "Yes." I blushed. "I did enjoy my seven minutes or whatever with him but that doesn't mean that he's not trouble, or that he's not probably up to something with this party thing."

Astra sighed. "Oh my god would you two just can it already."

"Whatever, I'll shut up." I agreed, seeing that it was one of the devil's turns. Someone who I didn't know, and whose name I probably wouldn't bother learning. It wasn't as though it mattered anyway. He pulled Kelsey. She looked just a bit surprised, but ready for it. Thus far, it seemed as though every single devil I'd met had been a total hunk. Including this one. On the other hand though, Kelsey did set the gaydar off, so I didn't think she swung that way.

As it turns out, I'm wrong about a lot of things. I don't like to be wrong. As I watched Kelsey go into the room with the devil, Leviathan came to sit by me again. I liked the way that he seemed less short when he was beside me. It made me feel like less of a giant.

"Hey."

"Howdy," Astra greeted with a smile. "How are you?"

"I'm good, you?"

"I'm doing great thanks for asking."

"What'd you come over here for?" I decided to butt in.

"Jesus, no need to be so aggressive." He spoke calmly. "I was just over here to talk? And meet people? I mean, this is my dorm. And my party." He reminded me.

"Yeah, who got on your bad side today?" Astra added.

"Everyone. Apparently." I said. No one seemed to be acting the way that I expected them to and that got under my skin a bit. And on top of that I was already wound just a bit too tightly about the whole start of this new school tomorrow. The expectations from me would be even higher than ever before. How was I ever planning on living up to them? How was I even going to escape all the guilt that I was feeling from what I'd done.

It seemed to already consume me at every waking moment. And it'd been ages since I'd felt like my normal self. It'd been forever since I felt like myself. Since I could understand what was going on around me. Everything seemed unreal. I didn't know anymore what was reality and what was nothing more than my imagination.

"Hello? Earth to Nico?" I snapped out of it. I must have gotten lost in my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Are you even listening?"

"Um, yes." I lied. I wasn't listening at all.

"Shut up, no you aren't, Leviathan's calling you over."

God, how long had I been staring into space for? Obviously, the game of 7 minutes in heaven had already ended, it seemed. I had to learn how to stop doing that. How to stay more in the present moment. I walked over to Levi, seeing that he was standing by the door to the next room. Why did these dorms have to be so big?

"Uh, hey," I said awkwardly scratching the back of my neck.

"Hey."

"Is there something you needed from me?"

"Oh my god, why does it always come down to this with you."

"What do you mean?"

"I just want to talk to you, jesus," He lowered down his voice a bit. "I liked out little moment in the closet."

"Damn, going to beg me for a blowjob already?" I joked.

"No." he laughed awkwardly. "I just, uh, I like you."

"Oh? You like me? After a day of knowing me?"

"Yeah... ?"

I scoffed and walked away. People like that weren't worth my time. Douchebags who only wanted to use you for your body. Who wanted to rush in, take what they felt like taking, and then leave after they're done. Despite the fact that I put on my sarcastic, jaded act or whatever, I can't help but admit that sometimes I am a little love sick. It felt as though it'd been forever since my last date, and I couldn't help but to dream of a prince coming to take me away and solve all of my problems forever. But this guy wasn't a prince. He was a scumbag devil.

I sighed and sat back down next to Astra. She gave me a look. I rolled my eyes at her. "He knows me for a day, and already thinks he can get into my pants that easy." I explain to her.

"Yikes," She replies, already giving him a bit of a dirty look from across the room. Astra was the type of friend who would cut your dick off if you hurt someone close to her.

"Yeah, yikes." I agreed. "I mean, just who does this guy think he is anyway?"

"Obviously, someone important if he just got here and is already throwing these little hangouts."

"You do have a point there."

"Say, I've got an idea for your next prank." Astra said with a smile.

"Oh?"

She leaned over and cupped a hand over her mouth, whispering it to me.