Chapter Fourteen

*******Giant chapter for ya'all. I hope you enjoy it. Please review and let me know what you think. Don't be shy:) This chapter has been edited by my Beta Casey.******

I stood outside Elena's room with a cup of coffee in my hands. I had just finished adjusting Emily Bennett's amulet, hiding it under my pink t-shirt when Jeremy exited his bedroom in a rush of mint. His face was firm and resolute as he noticed me.

"Listen, don't even say a word," he demanded.

I lifted my one free hand in the air and leaned against Elena's door. "Hey, I'm the Mystic Falls mime," I said playfully.

He raised his eyebrow and chuckled. "Really? That's what ya got?" he said.

I leaned my head against the door and sighed. "Give me another shot. Just let me get a hit of caffeine," I said, taking a sip of Elena's coffee.

He smiled and moved his hand in a circle as the go-ahead. I remained silent and just stared at him, my eyes innocent. When he finally realized I wasn't going to speak, he rolled his eyes as hard as he could.

"That was lame."

I smiled brightly and took another sip of Elena's coffee. At this rate, she wouldn't get any.

"What? I just wanted to demonstrate how un-naggy I was going to be. You know what your doing and me nipping at you isn't going to change your mind," I said, tilting my head and narrowing my eyes at him. "Just be safe," I said in my best mom voice.

He grinned at me and leaned his forehead against mine. "Thank you, Ellie," he said.

I pressed my head against his and sighed. "Of course, baby brother. Anytime."

He pulled away and rushed down the stairs two at a time. I shook my head and opened Elena's door, stepping inside. She was standing by the door, her back pressed against the wall.

"You hear that?" I asked,

She seized the coffee and took a large sip, making me wince.

"Yeah. I caught him in the bathroom. It didn't go that well for me," Elena said.

I sat down at her vanity and brushed imaginary lint from my black jeans to avoid looking her in the eye.

"He's just worried, Lena. We need to tell him the truth. He will find out eventually," I said heavily "especially with what I have to tell you,"

My heart hurt at the idea of the complete truth, but I knew it was time. Elena looked at me in shock and anger.

"We can't tell him about vampires, Elara. He could get himself killed," she said, throwing her hands in the air. "It's too dangerous,"

She walked to her closet and started to get dressed in a huff. I rose to my feet, staring at her in shock.

"Too dangerous, Really? So you don't think it's too dangerous for him to not know how to defend himself against them? Or that they are real at all? You want him defenseless then?"

"Do you not even care that what I have to tell him about myself will reveal everything supernatural anyway? I don't want him to hate me for lying, Elena," I walked away from her, slamming the door shut behind me. She could be completely ridiculous sometimes.