Forever Different

"I choose my brother." I said, not daring to look at Tommy who had taken a step back in surprise. "And Dream."

Gasps and whispers erupted around me.

My brother didn't speak. He just stood there.

Dream. He smiled from underneath his mask. Even though I couldn't see the rest of his facial features, I could tell what he was portraying with that smile. Satisfaction, victory, and most of all, getting under Tommy's skin. Taking something else away from him.

But I couldn't go with Tommy. As much as I wanted to, my loyalty stood with my brother.

"Excellent choice, y/n." Dream said "it seems we can finally our past behind us and-"

"I didn't choose your side." I spat at Dream. "I chose my brother. Don't forget it."

"Y/N how could you?" A trembling voice came from behind me. I spun around to see Tommy standing beside Tubbo, gripping the sleeve of his suit. His eyes were filled with tears.

"Tommy I don't-" I began.

"Save it!" Tommy yelled in a tone that was on the edge of breaking down in tears. "Just go."

I looked at Tommy, but he wouldn't look up at me. Tubbo looked at me sympathetically, but I could tell he was hurt by my actions too.

I looked at my brother, who was whispering to Dream something about escaping while they had the chance. Dream nodded, and he looked at me, that sinister smile returning to his mostly hidden face.

"Tommy." I began again. "Please just-"

"I SAID GO!" He shouted between sobs.

I took a pace backwards. Everyone was watching this play out. I may have betrayed Tommy but now all I could do was honor his wish for me to leave.

I reached down to my belt, where a small brown leather satchel was strapped. I reached my hand into the bag and retrieved a small shimmering green pearl.

I looked at Tommy one last time, as I threw the pearl out of the caved in building and across the lake.

"I'm sorry Tommy." I said, before disappearing from the chaos.

___________________________
3rd Person Perspective

Dream and Technoblade left the scene shortly after.

Tommy managed to convince the majority of L'Manberg's citizens to join with him in the fight against Dream.

He hated that he would have to go against one of his best friends, but he would do what had to be done.

Y/N fled across the forest and into an empty field. It was filled with long grass that reached her knees and wild flowers of all types.

The sun was shining down on the grassy plane and the sky was blue without a cloud to be seen.

Y/N came upon a massive crack in the earth. Looking down, it reached several feet under the land she was standing in. Dirt, stone, and tangled tree roots covered the sides of the massive ravine.

Down below, the light faded out into nothingness. Who knew what mysteries, or monstrosities, lay at the bottom.

Y/N figured it was best to start heading towards Technoblade's house. It was the only place that would welcome her any more. She walked across the empty plane and through the grass. But she only made it a few feet before the feeling of hot metal against the side of her neck made her freeze in place.

"Told you this wasn't over." Quackity said.
"And now look. In your little fit of emotion, you've ran all the way out here. Where no one will find you. At least not in time."