Chapter 39 -Can Perfectly

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."

-Albert Einstein

-

Alana's POV

I reached the lake where the waterfall still held its ground in all its glory. It's been a long time since I've been here and it only became more beautiful.

I admired the waterfall and was soothed by the water crashing down to the lake below before softly flowing down towards the river in front.

Suddenly a force came from behind me which sent me crashing towards the ground but not before something cushioned my fall.

"HEY SNOWFLAKE CAUGHT YOU!" Trevor exclaimed like a little boy that was given a candy after a week.

I stared at him in shock before bursting out laughing, "Sure...So true..."

"Snowflake? What sass!" Trevor mocked shock like those ladies that probably lived some sort of royal castle life.

I just smirked at him before attempting to untangle myself from him so that we both could get off the grass.

Of course Trevor being Trevor, used this situation to his advantage to flip me over such that I was now lying on the grass.

"I'm so proud of you Snowflake. You did great back there," Trevor complimented me before swooping down and giving me a peck on the lips.

My heart fluttered and a natural blush was achieved.

I never needed makeup around him...

I felt a great sense of achievement like never before and I wanted to continue to take more steps forward to get better.

Then a cheeky thought invaded my head and so I smirked at Trevor.

"Is that all you've got? A peck?" I teased.

A reaction came right out of him immediately as he pulled me up such that I was sitting on his lap. Trevor made eye contact with me with a burning ferocity in his eyes.

The atmosphere was getting a little heated and thus I parted my lips to take a breath to which Trevor took the signal to start his shenanigans. He wrapped one hand around my neck and one around my waist and crashed his lips onto mine.

We instantly became one. I deepened the kiss by wrapping both my arms around his neck first and then inched closer to him such that my chest and his were touching. I smiled into the kiss and started gently rubbing my hands along his back to which he followed suit by doing it back. He also put his right hand all up in my hair, tangling it into some mess and so I did it right back.

We both pulled away to gasp for air and our foreheads were touching but our eyes remained closed. We were in the moment and that was all that mattered.

It was just him and I.

Perfect.

-

I sat on Trevor's lap as we both stared at the scenery where we watched the water flow towards an unknown place.

I closed my eyes and rested my head against his chest and this moment felt serene. I was at peace after what seemed like many days, weeks or years of finding it. I can finally say I understood what peaceful was like.

As I was savouring the moment, I felt rumbles against my back.

I giggled to myself and before I could say anything, Trevor quickly defended himself, "Hey Snowflake there's nothing wrong with being hungry."