140

Jax's POV

"No."

"We're going to have to talk about it eventually," Andrew said with a sigh.

"Not today."

"What are-"

"No."

"You're plans-"

"I'm actually not listening so you are really just wasting your breath here."

"For after graduation."

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

We had been going back and forth like this for at least 15 minutes now and it's not going anywhere.

"Jax, this is important," Andrew said again for the fifth time but this time his face looses all playfulness. "It's already March. You'll are graduating in 3 months and when you leave, you'll loose most of the support from camp. I'll still be here if you want to continue our sessions but you won't have a sponsor anymore.

"If you want to college we can help you get scholarships, or if you want to go straight into the work force we can talk to a few business we work with to help you get a job. There are plenty of options for you, but we have to talk about it first." I can't help but scowl at that.

"Where are we even going to live? I don't know about the others but I want to move in with them after everything but I don't have any money." Andrew frowned at that.

"We have a program for those who can't go home. The whole reason most of the buildings aren't great is because all of the extra money we get from the government is split up and given to all the graduates who need it. You and most of your friends will be in that category except for Callum and Ryder since they have non-shitty family. And we work with a complex owner who actually used to be in camp. He lets us have a discount on apartments."

That made me feel at least a little better. Now we at least had money and a way to get an apartment right off the bat even if it is shitty and run down.

"So, back to the other problem. What kind of job do you think you would like?"

I did have an answer. It just wasn't going to be an answer he liked.

"Carter and I have talked about going into boxing. He's still really good at it and at least it would be legal this time."

Andrew's eyes widened as his frown deepened.

"I don't think that's a good idea. Having Carter fight again is going to set him back, even if he's doing it on his own free will."

"Then we're out of ideas."

"You like drawing right," Andrew asked after a few more minutes, to which I only nod. "What about tattoo artist?" I shrug.

"I don't know. I only really draw for me and Carter can't draw at all. If he gets triggered out for some reason and won't let me up front the whole day would be messed up."

"He could learn too. It would take longer for him but it would still be a good option."

I actually don't hate that idea, Carter said as he leaned back into the couch.

"Well never mind I guess. Carter said he is willing to try." Andrew smiles at that.

"Perfect," he says as he writes something down in my folder. "Now that we have a plan I can call around for apprenticeships for you right after graduation."

Things felt like they were moving too fast. Before I walked in here I had no plan about anything and now I already had an apartment and a job.

"Are you at least excited about getting out of camp," he asked when he picked up on the fact that I wasn't exactly thrilled.

"I don't know. I mean this place was supposed to be a safe haven and enough shitty things happened here. Out there literally anything can happen. We were out for only a few hours yesterday and Ryder was pushed up against a counter and Carter would have beat the shit out of the guy if Patrick wasn't there."

Andrew didn't look surprised at my answer.

"I know it sounds bad and it won't help, but it's all going to work out. Moving out and getting a job is just a normal thing. Everyone does it. And like I said, I'll still be here if you ever need me. You'll have my number for just a rant session if you need it or we can set up regular sessions if you prefer. Or if you think you need someone else, I'll be more than happy to help you find someone else, maybe someone with more DID experience." He said that last part with a bit of disappointment.

"I'm not starting that whole bonding process over," I scoff out. "We'll just have to set up sessions after everything gets settled." Andrew smiled at that before turning back serious.

"Then, that's mostly it for the day. Unless you want to talk about something else?"

I picked at my fingers.

"How would a restraining order work?" I asked skeptically.

"You would file one, I'm sure Patrick would help you do it. Then they would find your dad and notify him of the order and give him the consequences if he breaks the order and they would send him on his way."

"And what would the penalty be?"

"That would depend on a judge. He could be fined or he could be sent to jail. If he was ever found near you though, you could probably get him jail time if you told a judge about less than half of what he did to you."

I nod as I think it over. Carter had said thatit was going to be mostly useless but I still wanted to try it.

"I think I want to talk to Patrick then."

Last updated June 19, 2021