C h a p t e r 4

Chapter 4 : XavierThursday, July 15th, 2021

Chapter 4 : Xavier
Thursday, July 15th, 2021

"Hailey?" Alec calls, pounding his fist against her hotel door for the third time in the last minute. "I don't know why she's not answering. She texted me right before we left the club saying she was almost here."

"Move out of the way for a sec." Caleb says, walking out of the elevator and down the hall with something in his hand. "I swiped this from the front desk. Master key."

Caleb holds up the white card to the lock and a quick beeping sound confirmed that the door was now unlocked.

Twisting the handle, we walk into the empty, silent room. "Hailey, you in here?" But as expected, there's no response.

None of us speak, but we all know something's wrong. Her shoes aren't at the door, there's no sign of her work uniform, and her bed is untouched.

The sudden ringtone of Alec's phone draws all of our attention to him. Seeing that it's Hailey's caller ID, he answers immediately.

"Hey, where ar—" He starts, but is cut off by a rushed voice on the other end.

"Back of the hotel." I faintly hear through the speaker, before the line is cut off.

"Go." Is all I say, the three of us instantly bolting for the stairwell. "Put on your masks. I don't know about you guys, but if someone's hurt her, I'm going to lose it."

In silent agreement, we all pull on black masks from our pockets, before crashing through one of the back doors.

"Get off of me you asshole." We hear a voice struggle from a short distance. Caleb was the first to move, but I was faster. Sprinting towards the voice, I spot Hailey on the ground with someone on top of her trying to remove her clothes.

"Please, no!" Hailey cries, as she continues to try and fight off her attacker.

"Xavier." Caleb says in a warning tone, clearly sensing my murderous state. She sounds so defeated, and all I know was that someone was going to lose their life for this.

Before anyone can stop me, I have the disgusting man's throat tight in my grip, lifting him so his feet dangle helplessly in the air.

"You, my friend, just signed yourself a death sentence." I fumed. "If you think it's okay to touch another woman without her consent, then you are deeply mistaken?" Tightening my grip, he tries desperately to pry my hands from his throat, but I don't budge. I just hold him there, enjoying the look of fear in his eyes and his panicked state at the fact that his airflow was cut off completely.

"Xavier, not yet." Alec says to me.

Taking my focus off of the man, I twist to see Hailey still on the ground with Caleb reassuring her that she was safe now. "Are you okay?" I ask. She just nods in response. I had to be sure first. Feeling the fight in the struggling man begin to lessen, I remember Alec's words: not yet. Throwing him harshly to the pavement, he is instantly consumed by a violent coughing fit.