Chapter 42

"SO SHADES, have you decided what you want to do with the pregnant lady?" Nagtaas baba ang kilay ni Auri habang pinapanood ang palagay ni Shades sa bagahe nila sa luggage cart.

Kadarating lang nilang dalawa galing sa tatlong araw na pamamasyal sa Canada. Ito nag-iisip, siya naman naggala lang talaga at kumain ng kumain kasama ito.

Sandali siya nitong sinulyapan saka bumuntong-hininga.

"I miss her, perhaps that would be enough to marry her—"

"Love and respect is a must in marriage Shades." Auri cut him off and leered.

Shades tsked and stood at his full height, looking at her with a frown. "Gave me a reason sweetie why I should take advice from you when you're not married at all."

"Oh!" Auri smirked. "Maybe you should write down my love story Shades. I and Rage have full of love and respect that's why we already counted years together—"

"Years together? You sure about that?" he scoffed.

Inirapan ito ni Auri.

"Fine..." Auri drawled. "Let me rephrase my paragraph. Uhm, Rage and I love and respect each other that's why until now we still have each other." Hinawakan niya ang braso nito at hinila para maglakad. "See, we've known each other for nine long years and had been in some troubles but we still end up together— not married but living like one. Despite the months that we were separated, our love remains. See, I'll be back in his arms again after days in Canada. Because love is what binds me to him. Marriage will not hold two together just because you miss her and that she's pregnant."

"I know couples that are not in Iove and do not respect each other but they are still married," Shades reasoned out.

"Do you want a married life like that Shades?" Auri shook her head in disapproval. "Don't you want to have something like Grey and Fifty? A blissful and happy one? See, that marriage you're talking about is not happy at all. In the long run, if you don't fall for her it is doomed to end up messy. What would your child be like growing up?"

Bumuntong-hininga ito. "I'll think about it, sweetie. But rest assured that I'm not going to marry the woman if I'm not in love with her. But I'll be there for her and support my child."

"Good enough." Auri felt relieved.

Pagkarating sa sasakyan nito ay tutulungan sana ni Auri si Shades na ilagay sa sasakyan ang mga bagahe nila nang sinaway siya nito.

"You're pregnant—"

"And that doesn't mean I can't do something." Auri cut him off and that made Shades shake his head.

After a while, they were already hitting the road heading back to Crown Island. Auri is excited. After over a week without Rage, now she'll get to see him and cuddle with him.

Aahh... I miss you, Rage...

"Shades, stop by the canteen I want to give my gift to my new friend," aniya kay Shades nang malapit na nilang daanan ang karenderya nila Sunrise.

Auri went out when Shades parked the car.

"I'll be back in a flash," she told him before heading to the canteen with two paper bags in hand.

"Auri!" Sunrise loudly called upon seeing her.

Smiling, Auri meets Sunrise with a tight hug.

"So good to see you, Sunrise." Auri greeted. "Anyway, I'm only here to drop by my gift for you and your friend. I'm not staying long 'cause I'm dying to see my husband."

Inabot niya ang paper bag dito.

"Wow... thanks, Auri!" Sunrise once again embrace her.

"Kumusta pala ang practice mo para sa sayaw?" Auri asked, referring to Sunrise's dance practice that she will perform on her brother's birthday.