Chapter 49

I re-read the message multiple times for it to sink into my head. Someone wanted to kill my Hames? Oh God. 

Where on Earth was he?

I quickly called his phone.

He answered the call almost immediately. "Hello?" He sounded so tired. 

"Where are you?" I scrunched my face in worry. 

The sound of the door opening distracted me. "I'm right here." He said. 

I ended the call and threw the phone to the bed, sprinted to him, pulled him in then locked the door. 

"We have to leave immediately."

"Right now?"

"If it's possible then yes."

"I already said that but we're leaving first thing tomorrow morning." He kissed my forehead. 

"I received a crazy message." I held his hand and pulled him with me to grab my phone. "I just received a message from someone who said he or she wants to kill you and it'd be easier since we're in Paris."

He chuckled. "Is that some sort of joke?"

"It's not funny at all." I glared at him. 

"Let me see the so-called message."

"Yeah, you'll see." I clicked on my phone messages but the message wasn't there anymore. "Uh…" I started scrolling to the bottom of all messages but it was nowhere to be found. I used the search button to search for the message, still nothing.

"Where is it?" He took the phone from me. "All I can see here are messages from your ex-boyfriends." He teased. 

"This isn't a joke at all." I slapped his shoulder. "I swear there was a threatening message just a while ago." I was drowning in serious perplexion. How could the message delete on its own?

"Gosh, I'm sure it's just your imagination. Maybe you need another hour of my sweet massages and I'll definitely be honored to massage a shirtless Imogen. I'll—" he was interrupted by Faith clearing her throat. 

"Sorry to interrupt. I'll leave now, I'm done with packing your bags, I have to pack mine too." She said and left after a polite bow. 

Hames watched her till she left the room and shut the door. 

"I'm not crazy, there was a message. It's really not funny."

"How did it delete on its own then?" He said while muffling his laughter. 

"It's not a joke. Someone wants to eliminate you. Who's your recent enemy?" I said and he burst into laughter. How was he finding my worry anyhow funny? "Don't you trust me?" I glowered. 

"Of course I trust you and I'm glad to see you care about me but no harm can befall me, I'm fully protected by my Mom's blessings, and other loved ones." He kissed my forehead. "If you'd let me, I'd like to sleep. I'm damn tired."

He walked away from me and left for the bathroom after grabbing a towel. 

How on Earth was he not worried about this? Gosh, who could want to harm him?