Chapter 60: Power

✧--> ~~ -->✧

WARNING: guys, this chapter is a whole roller coaster of emotions. <3

sᴇᴠᴇʀᴀʟ ᴅᴀʏs ᴘʀɪᴏʀ:

Damon walked over to the small table near the couch and poured himself a drink. He spoke to Elena who was seated in the room with him. "Listen, Elena, the school year's over. Klaus left Mystic Falls. We haven't heard anything from Silas in a while. We can go on living a stress free life."

"Just because Klaus left town with Percy doesn't mean we can have a stress free life, Damon. The other originals are still here, and I doubt they'll start leaving us alone." The brown eyed girl argued.

"Who cares? With Klaus being in New York, or wherever it is he disappeared to, we can take care of the other originals. We've daggered Elijah and Barbie Klaus before, and I'm sure I could take care of Kol." He took a sip of his drink.

Elena shook her head. "We don't have the daggers, Damon. And do you really think you can take down an original on your own? We'll need help."

The blue eyed Salvatore's eyebrows were furrowed. "We'll get Bonnie to use her witchy-woo and it'll be fine. Stop stressing, Elena."

"I'm not stressing. I'm vengeful. When you had me turn back on my emotions, I focused on hate."

Stefan walked into the room, stopping Damon from responding to the doppelganger's words. "We have a problem," he announced gruffly as he leaned against the doorway of the room, his arms crossed across his chest.

"Then go take care of it," Damon replied as he looked at his brother. "I'm not in the mood to hear about some new villain we have to take care of." He took another sip of his bourbon.

"Klaus and Percy are back in Mystic Falls. I just saw them at the Grill." Stefan continued.

Elena was visibly upset by the words. "Percy's back too?"

"Yep." Stefan replied with a fake smile, before bringing his gaze back to his brother. "We have to come up with a plan."

Damon rolled his eyes, "We kill the originals. That's the plan."

"With what, Damon?" Stefan demanded. "We don't have anything that can take them down."

The black haired vampire shrugged, "We'll get some."

The younger Salvatore shook his head. "The only thing that can kill an original is the White Oak stake, and last I checked, we're not in possession of any. And even if we could get some, there remains the chance that killing an original kills its entire bloodline. So killing them is not an option."

Damon moved to sit down on the couch, his arm outstretched across the back of it as he responded. "Then we don't kill them. We put them into a very deep sleep. We've been told before that the one thing capable of taking down a supernatural creature is at the hands of a-"

"Witch." Elena finished for him. "You're suggesting we use Bonnie?"

"I'm suggesting we get some help from a lot of witches. Klaus has a ton of enemies, and so do his siblings. I'm sure we can get some to help us get them out of our lives." The blue eyed vampire replied.

Stefan shook his head, "You're forgetting one keyplayer here. Percy. She's always around them, especially Klaus."

"Then we'll find a way to separate them," Elena interjected, "It shouldn't be too hard. We know what she is now, so we know her weaknesses, and we can use them against her."