Chapter Eighteen.

My eyes shoot open and I suck in a sudden breath, looking around the space to see I'm still sitting at the desk inside of my room.

Looking up, I see my computer screen had automatically turned off, probably since I hadn't moved the mouse.

Everything I'd just gone through feels like a dream, and I scratch my head in confusion. "What... time is it?"

My body is off balance as I get up from my desk, walking over to the door slowly so I can open it and see what's going on.

"Good morning sleepyhead, we've been waiting for you to wake up," My mom smiles at me and it's in that moment that I finally feel the weight of how much I've missed my family.

"Mom!" I rush over to the woman and grab her, squeezing her tightly as if she'll slip from my fingers. "I missed you so much."

"Hm? I only went out to dinner with your father, no need to get so emotional dear," Despite her words, my mom returns the hug, never skipping out on a chance to be close to me. "We got home last night and you were already asleep. Neither of us had it in us to wake you."

I freeze up, my heart dropping. So it was a dream. "Uh, yeah... I had a long day and everything, hehe."

"I'm glad you got some sleep then sweetie. Oh, and take a shower, you smell like motor oil. Honey hold on! You forgot your tie again!" My mom gives me a small joking smile as she walks downstairs to give my dad his final piece of clothing for work.

A memory of me helping Heisenberg out in the factory flashes by and I shake my head, a migraine getting ready to attack. "It was all a dream y/n, forget about it."

There's a short walk to my bathroom, and I go in to see I'm still in the jacket and pants I had on last night while grabbing groceries.

"See? No special clothes or anything like that," I tell myself, trying not to think too hard on why I smelt like motor oil. No need to deduce small stuff.

I slip off my coat and immediately freeze in the mirror, staring down at my arms to see something that I shouldn't.

Three large bite marks, not necessarily fresh, but a few days old at most, along with some scabbed scratches.

The bandages were gone now, but it's obvious that my injuries weren't. It's also obvious that I haven't been dreaming for the past month and a half.

Instead of taking a shower, I run back over to my computer and boot it up, typing in the password to see that the video game wasn't open any longer.

Instead, it was back to the website I'd bought it off of. There has to be something behind the site.

I put a hoodie on to cover my injuries and sit down comfortably, going to Google so I can search up different information.

Shifting.

Teleportation.

Supernatural phenomenons.

I spend however long scouring the internet for some type of explanation as to how I suddenly lived in a different world. But there was nothing.

That is until I saw something that may relate to my experience. Dimension shifting. I read over the information and I immediately tell that it isn't necessarily what I went through.

But there is a technique that catches my eye. "The two cup method?" I type the words into my search bar and wait for some results, clicking on the first page that pops up.

"The two cup method helps move you from your current dimension to your desired one. In it, one glass is filled with water, this represents your current situation. Pour the contents into an empty glass, this one representing your desired situation. Drink the water. Over the next few days, your life will change dramatically."

I read over the process and saw how simple it was. Immediately, a thought popped into my mind. If I do that, then maybe the issues I created by going into a literal Resident Evil game will be fixed.

My dimension will return to normal and I'll forget about everything, because there's no way I'm gonna be able to go back.

One, I'd miss my family too much if I got stuck in that dimension, since I don't technically know how I got back here, it was kind of just luck.

Two, I already opened the game again and it ran as it should, no errors or crashes, and obviously nothing happened to me.

I sigh, pushing my chair back out for a second time that day so I can go to my kitchen. "Here goes nothing."

I head down the steps slower than I ever have, kind of scared for this process to work if it's real. I mean, what dimension do I even desire?

I see the sink and go into a cupboard to grab two glasses, filling one with water as I'd been told to in the directions.

I don't dump it immediately. Instead, I stare at the glass, my mind swirling in thought. Should I do it? What happens if I do? What happens if I don't? This isn't even gonna work, it sounds fake.

With that I swallow my spit harshly, taking a shaky hand to dump the contents of the water into the other glass, watching it fill up.

"Okay; this is nothing compared to jumping out the two story window of a crazy vampire bitches castle," I nod my head in assurance before taking the glass, pouring the water down my throat.

I swallow, letting out a breath once I'm done. My eyes wander, as if something would happen immediately. Nothing does.

"I'm a hopeless idiot."

. . .

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?
-what did I do? I don't really know. Anyone have any idea of what will happen to dear ol' y/n?