Chapter 50

I woke up the next day with Ethan cuddling the sheets, looking as adorable as ever. I quickly took a picture of the scene unraveling in front of me and headed to the bathroom, taking a quick shower and getting dressed in my clothes that consisted of a red dress with roses on it, a beige tee-shirt underneath it, a jeans jacket and black boots.

I quickly slipped a few rings on, letting my hair air-dry so that it would end up in its natural state, beautiful blond waves

I made breakfast that consisted of waffles as Ethan walked down, his hair messy and his eyes barely open.

"Here, sit and eat breakfast with me" I said smiling.

He nodded and sat down, slowly eating his food, half asleep.

I smiled at his cute behavior and rested my chin on my hand, admiring his beauty.

He noticed me staring and smirked, still barely opening his eyes.

"It's too early for witty sarcastic comebacks, eat and let me enjoy the view peacefully" I said sternly.

He blinked a couple of times before shaking his head in disapproval, munching on his breakfast while mine was already finished.

"How did you eat all of it?" he asked, his eyes wide now.

"I eat really fast, did you forget?" I replied.

He just sighed and groaned, he hated mornings and honestly, can't blame him.

"I will give you some of my clothes that you can wear while you shower" I said, heading to my room.

"Your clothes?" he asked, a 'are you freaking serious' look on his face.

"Yeah, the clothes I buy at the men's section cause they're comfortable and cheaper than oversized women's clothing" I replied over my shoulder.

He just hummed out a response while I picked out a black sweater and white shirt and black jeans with my brother's boots.

I left them on the bed while I headed downstairs, checking on future lessons and trying to figure them out while I was waiting.

"I told you you were the typical nerdy good girl"Ethan said behind me, chuckling.

"Shut up and dry your hair" I scolded, narrowing my eyes at him.

He shrugged and started drying his hair with a towel, mumbling a few things as he went on his phone.

"What is this?" he suddenly asked me.

I looked at him and saw that he was holding up my phone, pointing at the silly picture I took the day I dropped him off after we came back from our trip.

I smiled at him innocently as he came up behind me and hugged me, burying his face in my neck.

"Ethan stop let's get to school" I said, sounding almost annoyed because of how much his presence and his touch distracted me.

He just groaned and lightly ruffled my hair, smacking my head lightly and making a run for the car.

I chased him, throwing empty threats along the way and laughing a giggling like we were children.

I got into the car and started it, smiling when Ethan got in, he wore his usual smirk and kissed my forehead, something he did quite often and that never failed to get my heart beating like crazy.

When we got to school, we went our separate ways and proceeded with our days normally, when the school say ended, I texted my friends to meet me at the library when they were done with their classes.

I sat near the end of the library in a small corner, the same corner I found the small book in, I smiled remembering how strong our friendship was compared to the way it used to be at the time.

Soon after, everyone arrived except for Ethan, I tried to call him but he wouldn't pick up.

"Maybe he's still in class?" Corey suggested in an unsure tone.

"No his classes already ended half an hour ago" I said, frowning a bit.

"So you know his schedule by heart?" Brandon teased in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"Yeah I know all of your schedules by heart" I said, not in the mood for teasing.

"Let's start with the 'urgent meeting' or whatever you called it until that guy comes back" Beth said, shrugging her shoulders.

"I wanted to discuss a plan to take down Matthew, I have one in mind and I wanted to talk to you guys about it. Basically, it's really simple and cliché, I'm gonna get close to Matthew, convince him I wanna be friends with him and get him to trust me, try to figure out more useful information and use it against him. I'm gonna report him to the police after recording his confession so we will have evidence he won't be able to avoid using his father's connections"

When I was done explaining, I looked at my friends and the first one I noticed was Corey, he was frowning, a concerned expression on his face.

"Don't you think that's dangerous?" he asked, fear and concern laced to his voice.

"It is. But it's a small price to pay just for him to get what he deserved" I replied, determined.

Corey was about to say something else when a tall figure stood in front of us, blockng the small rays of sunshine seeping through the windows.

I looked up and saw Ethan with a bruised cheek, a cut on his lips and right eyebrow and blue and purple eye.

I quickly stood up and walked towards him, putting my hands on each side of his face, examining his injuries.

"What happened?" I asked in a serious tone.

"It was nothing..." Ethan replied, lightly pushing my hands off.

"I said, what happened?!" I raised my voice, my worries and concerns turning into anger but not at me, at whoever dared hurt him.

Ethan hesitated for a moment, debating whether to tell me or not, guilt and hatred mixed in his beautiful brown eyes.

Seeing that expression made mine softer, I put my hand on his cheek, careful not to hurt him and asked him the same question, this time significantly softer.

"Please Ethan tell me what happened" I begged, my eyes becoming watery and my vision blurring.

"Me and Matt got into a fight" he said.

What. The. Actual. Fuck.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Anyway what do you guys think? Is it good? Do you have any theories as to why they got into a fight? I'd love to read them!
Also after this book ends, I'm going to publish extra chapters so if anyone has any requests or anything they can comment them here or message me privately!
Just to put this out there, I will write anything but cheating scenarios, anything I deem inappropriate or too sensitive and anything I'm not comfortable writing.
If any of you want to add your persona/yourself meeting the characters I can do that too!
Again, if there are any mistakes please do tell me so I can correct them!

-Alexandra Banger